Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I give them a ton of credit for reaching this game but in two attempts, they have given up an average of 95 points in the championship game. Can't always outscore the opponent apparently.

• Agree
Reactions: ISULibrarian

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ESPN is pretty committed to the hype engine so I think the floor will continue to rise slowly for the sport. It takes breakout personalities to really push it forward in big chunks, and they seem to be getting those lined up somewhat, or at least doing what they can to make it possible if the players' play can back it up...

CC’s game is objectively exciting but her on court personality leaves something to be desired.

Other star players will come along who are very likable even if they aren’t as statically dominant.

It’s a huge advantage they can market personalities for 4 years. A guy like Zion, DRose or Jamal Murray would’ve been a megastar with 4 years of college, infinity more exciting to watch than a 4 year “star” like Edey or Garza.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lol, I'm ok. My expectations weren't high going into today's game. It's kind of amazing what setting realistic expectations can do for you.

Look at the supporting cast of Iowa then look at SC, LSU and UConn. It’s incredible they beat all three in two years to get 2x runner up. It’s not like they lucked into some low seeds.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Obviously I wanted Iowa to win but I'm honestly feeling good for you, I know the past few weeks have been rough.
They’ve been great actually. CC finally listened to her dad and acted mature for the last 4 games. Too bad it took her all of childhood, 4 years of high school, and nearly all 4 years of college to figure it out, and only after looking very childish in front of millions of people from the first 2 games of this tournament. But at least she finally learned

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Look at the supporting cast of Iowa then look at SC, LSU and UConn. It’s incredible they beat all three in two years to get 2x runner up. It’s not like they lucked into some low seeds.
Agree. Last year having to go through 36-0 SC to get there, this year having to go through the LSU superteam and then UCONN, brutal.

Staley though, wow, to lose 5 players to the WNBA draft and then come back and coach a bunch of freshmen to 37-0 and a natty, that's impressive.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
They’ve been great actually. CC finally listened to her dad and acted mature for the last 4 games. Too bad it took her all of childhood, 4 years of high school, and nearly all 4 years of college to figure it out, and only after looking very childish in front of millions of people from the first 2 games of this tournament. But at least she finally learned
What is unbelievable is the fact that CC never won a championship. Someone pointed out that she never won a state championship (never even played for one) while competing for a perennial good team (WDM Dowling) and then fell short in her college career.

Reactions: Jdk and Cyhig

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The
Lol, I'm ok. My expectations weren't high going into today's game. It's kind of amazing what setting realistic expectations can do for you.
They could have been buried mid 3rd too but did a great job on that run

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron