***2023-24 Mens College Basketball Thread***

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Somebody forgot to tell OSU that we are actually playing two halves in the tournament this year.

gipper2001

Aug 28, 2013
Phoenix
I'd be suprised if Boynton is the coach at OSU before this tourney is over.

Several sources on X are reporting he'll be back next year. I don't get it. 7 seasons, made one tournament only because of one all world recruit in Cade Cunningham. Worst season this year out of the seven. What a bust of a hire. Ok State just doesn't care anymore about basketball.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Several sources on X are reporting he'll be back next year. I don't get it. 7 seasons, made one tournament only because of one all world recruit in Cade Cunningham. Worst season this year out of the seven. What a bust of a hire. Ok State just doesn't care anymore about basketball.
They have the potential there to do a lot more than they've been doing, and if they're happy with the results, I am happy that they are happy.

Reactions: WalkingCY

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Tough to fire coaches without Pickens there to pay for it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So why are they ranked #1 in every metric and both polls?
My guess is because Purdue's 3 losses are worse than Houston, but Purdue has much better wins in their non-conf.

They beat Gonzaga, Marquette, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arizona in the non-conference. Houston or Uconns non-conference is severely behind Purdue so Purdue should be the #1 overall seed.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My guess is because Purdue's 3 losses are worse than Houston, but Purdue has much better wins in their non-conf.

They beat Gonzaga, Marquette, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arizona in the non-conference. Houston or Uconns non-conference is severely behind Purdue so Purdue should be the #1 overall seed.
No way I pick Purdue past the second round. B1G is a weak conference. Look at Iowa with Lurch a few years ago, how far did they get?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
No way I pick Purdue past the second round. B1G is a weak conference. Look at Iowa with Lurch a few years ago, how far did they get?
The Big 10 sucks overall but I wouldn't be shocked to see them make a run like Virginia the year after they lost to a 16 seed.

That Iowa team didn't play defense, Purdue has the 18th best adjusted defense. I'll probably pick Uconn or Houston in my brackets but wouldn't surprise me if Purdue finally won it. Their guards are alot better this year and they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulders.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Apparently none of the metrics or voters care about anything you just rattled off. Purdue will lose to an 8/9 seed.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
GT/Notre Dame turned out to be pretty fun. GT was down 17 (I think, it was a lot) and took the lead with a few minutes left. Back and forth after that and GT turned it over with a few seconds left and a chance to win it. Neither team is in any sort of post season contention but it was fun to watch.