Top ten here we come

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Hate this mentality! I know it’s somewhat of a joke, but some legitimately don’t want it. Any ranking, let alone a top 10 ranking, is a welcoming sight!

These TJ teams ain’t anything like the old Fred teams. Bring on that number 9 and let’s keep on moving up!
I'm just joking around. Obviously it takes a lot of respect to get to 9th. But, we also haven't had the best history with that particular number.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Shows how bad all the ranking systems are. The metrics ones don't take into wins/loss/eye test enough and the human ones are popularity based. All lean WAY too heavily on pre-season rankings, even 3 months later.

How they were ever #6 is laughable. Never understood the love.

I've been saying this for a while. Even before the losses their resume sucked. Their best win was at home against Marquette. Nothing wrong with eating Marquette but it loses some luster with being the main in-state rival.

It's the rest that's trash. All of their other Q1 wins are middling and....somehow...MSU is a 22ish NET ranked team. Seriously the NET love for both Wisconsin and MSU is perplexing. Neither 1 of those wins are great yet NET counts them as quality wins.

I think NET is a useful tool but still requires a little bit of scrutiny to validate or invalidate those rankings. Sorry, but Wisconsin was a 20ish level team before the week STARTED, let alone now.

Seeing MSU as an 8 seed on some of these brackets is incomprehensible given they shouldn't even be a tournament team at this juncture. Few great wins and a LOT of bad losses, in a ****** ass conference.

We didn't deserve to be taken seriously before conference started as our resume was trash. But we've shown more in good wins, good road wins and even some "quality losses" to erase those doubts. But Wisconsin? Look at their wins and tell me what win(s) other than Marquette was impressive. One can't as there isn't one.

That's not a #6 ranked team or a 3 sead. They (after this week) are a 25-30 team and a 6-7 seed. MSU, at this moment, isn't even good enough for bubble consideration.

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It would be nice if Cincy beat UH, 1st place here we come.

There have been a lot of years where it looks like KU isn't the leader in the first half only to see them win it outright or win a share.

I fully expect them to be right there and only hope ISU is there with KU and maybe Houston/Baylor.

Does not feel like any one team is going to pull away strong.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
There have been a lot of years where it looks like KU isn't the leader in the first half only to see them win it outright or win a share.

I fully expect them to be right there and only hope ISU is there with KU and maybe Houston/Baylor.

Agree this will come down to this last couple of games.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA

It certainly feels like an inevitability just behind death and taxes. That said they have an abnormally thin bench this year. Hoping the Big 12 gauntlet keeps them from catching their breath and making that push.

Reactions: OrangeCarrot

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
Not that I believe in the #9 curse….. but if Arizona loses tonight at Colorado…..We will 100% be #9 lol

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
If we can make shots this team can make a Final Four.
4 straight games of Gilbert, Jones and Tamin hitting 3s at the same time? Lights out, not getting ahead of myself but I’m excited about the ceiling with these guys. I think TCU is a tough team and they never stood a chance today