What strange foods do you like?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Telling one on myself: Back in the day I used to run home for my noon meal from working on the farm. I'd invariably make chocolate milk using syrup to go with what ever I was chowing down at the time. Had a chunk of steak that my wife didn't finish the night before (possibly a round steak). She always like red meat more well done than I so I got out the ketchup to help get it down--something that I would not normally do. I got too involved watching the noon news on the tube and inadvertently grabbed the chocolate syrup bottle, squeezed some on my steak, and plopped it into my mouth before I realized what I had done. Highly do not recommend.
It sounds like you made the worst mole sauce ever!

When I was a kid, my older brother convinced me that the round ball of butter on the table was ice cream. I learned my lesson one heaping spoonful later. Older brothers are ********.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
635791351345346945-2K0B0153.jpg
Not a fan of the little chunks of Canadian bacon. Give me sliced CB every time.

Also, a brat and sauerkraut omelet is kick ass.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Strange? I've really liked beef tongue my whole life, but my family wont eat it, they don't like the thought of it. I can get so many so cheap I cant not eat it. For that reason I mostly eat it for lunch since I'm mostly home alone during the day so they don't have to deal with it.

I like head cheese sandwiches. I ate that a lot growing up. So rich I can't eat a lot of it. Since home situation for this food is the same as above and so rich I don't eat this very often. One loaf a year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I grew up having peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I used to take them all the time for road games/meets pre-game snack. The pickles were more of a sweet pickle - lime pickles my mom used to make.

Wife always eats grape jelly on her chicken and dumplings. But of course she doesn't put he gravy or chicken on the dumplings but eats them separately. Now she has corrupted my kids into doing the same thing.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Canned sardines with a large side of cottage cheese and a bit of Catalina dressing on the cottage cheese…not sure why.
Also I did find out that Cream of Wheat is not bad with chicken gravy…wife had made me cream of wheat…saw it in the pan and thought it was left over mashed potatoes. Chopped up some leftover chicken..mixed a gravy packet..cooked it up and poured it over the Cream of Wheat…quite good actually but not sure I recommend it.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
When I was a kid (60+ years ago) we always thought it was a treat when mom would crush saltines and pour boiling water on them till they were the consistency of thick oatmeal. Loved that then but don't recall having it since. Now I crush saltines in a bowl before adding soup. I like my soup thick enough for my spoon to stand up in it instead of all that liguid

• Wow
Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

Help Support Us

Become a patron