What strange foods do you like?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I stumbled upon something, when I tried to make a homemade version of the late night Welch Ave classic Super Dog. The whole thing is born out of a lack of the proper ingredients. It's a standard grilled hotdog on a bun, with a sauce I make from mayo, jerk seasoning, and sweet chili sauce. The sauce goes on the dog then topped with shredded provolone and crushed Cheeze-its. Then, I put it under the broiler until the cheese starts to brown.

It's heartburn on a bun and terrible for you, which is why we only have them maybe once per year, but I'll be damned if it's not a winning taste combination.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I eat root vegetables frequently and if the checker at Fareway is under about 45, I have to identify parsnips and turnips for them. Helpful if I buy them prepackaged so they can just scan.

Do you eat rutabagas? I grew eating them in beef stew and soup. I think it’s a Swedish thing. The people at fareway never know where they are at.

Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Do you eat rutabagas? I grew eating them in beef stew and soup. I think it’s a Swedish thing. The people at fareway never know where they are at.
Yep I do. And of course, the checker cannot identify. I do put these in stews and soups but sometimes I just cook them in with a roast.

Reactions: jsb

Help Support Us

Become a patron