What strange foods do you like?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I like coconut waaaaaaay more than most people. I'm basically like Bubba from Forest Gump except coconut instead of shrimp.

Coconut...
pie
cake
milk
water
soap
ice cream
candy
cookies
cooking oil

last week i got scrach pads to do dishes made out of coconut that smell like coconut
You made a Bubba reference but didn't even mention Coconut Shrimp?

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and MJ29

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
My wife and MIL cannot believe that I love raw potatoes with salt. I also love cream of chicken with chunks of chicken over chow mein noodles

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My wife and MIL cannot believe that I love raw potatoes with salt. I also love cream of chicken with chunks of chicken over chow mein noodles
When putting potatoes around a roast, I probably eat a half a potato that way every time.

• Friendly
Reactions: chadly82

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Apparently there are some weirdos out there who still think sauerkraut and Canadian bacon on pizza is strange, so I'll offer that up. And if it's from Happy Joe's, even better.
Minsky's had the Capone Special" - sauekraut and Canadian bacon - it is still my favorite pizza.

Now I have a gluten free pineapple and hamburger from Caseys. Ms diaclone loves it too.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Minsky's had the Capone Special" - sauekraut and Canadian bacon - it is still my favorite pizza.

Now I have a gluten free pineapple and hamburger from Caseys. Ms diaclone loves it too.

I'll allow all of this because it's a strange food thread and not a general pizza thread.

gipper2001

Aug 28, 2013
Phoenix
My wife is Mexican and she has introduced me to a bunch of interesting food:

1705452637222.png
Menudo, cow's stomach in broth.

1705452683269.png
Tripas, small intestines of farm animals that are cleaned, boiled and grilled.

1705452805792.png
Tacos de lengua, or tongue. Lengua burritos are tasty.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I like everything except kimchee (aka rotted cabbage pickle, that be nasty).

Snails, mussels, and oysters, yum, yum, yum. Broiled eel, yessir (had it in China). Haggis in Edinburgh, the best! Pickled pig's feet, bring 'em, but I prefer the knuckles 'cuz there's more meat.

At home, generally don't get too exotic, but I do enjoy cold lentils, with a nice vinaigrette drizzled over them and topped off with toasted walnuts and goat cheese. Or whatever you've got.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
At Eatery A in Des Moines, they have this poached pear bruschetta that has such an unique flavor that I've never had anywhere else. It's a multi grain baguette slice with this blue cheese mousse on it, and then topped with candied walnuts and pears that have been poached in mulled wine.

I order it every time we go, and nobody who we've gone with has ever enjoyed it. My wife and kids actively hate it. I would (and have) ordered it as my entire meal, though. I admit that it's a very strong flavor, but damn if it isn't fantastic.

Reactions: clone4life82

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Rocky Mountain Oysters.

I saw Graham crackers and milk posted above. I wish I could eat a bowl of that every day for the rest of my life. Or put it in a big cup and mix it well and drink it like a shake.

Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I'm not a good judge of what is "weird food", but both of those seem normal to me.

15-20 years ago my wife and I saw a Food Network show by Alton Brown about how you can put any type of jelly with any type of cheese in a grilled cheese and it's awesome - and he was right. We've done that ever since.
It was something we did growing up and thought it was normal. And then I met my wife and she told me that she had never heard of anyone doing it.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I stumbled upon something, when I tried to make a homemade version of the late night Welch Ave classic Super Dog. The whole thing is born out of a lack of the proper ingredients. It's a standard grilled hotdog on a bun, with a sauce I make from mayo, jerk seasoning, and sweet chili sauce. The sauce goes on the dog then topped with shredded provolone and crushed Cheeze-its. Then, I put it under the broiler until the cheese starts to brown.

It's heartburn on a bun and terrible for you, which is why we only have them maybe once per year, but I'll be damned if it's not a winning taste combination.
Sounds more delicious than the super dog. I ate that sober once, I regretted it.

• Funny

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Rocky Mountain Oysters.

I saw Graham crackers and milk posted above. I wish I could eat a bowl of that every day for the rest of my life. Or put it in a big cup and mix it well and drink it like a shake.
Sounds like a bowl of honey grahams cereal lol.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I like stuff that some people find weird. I like sardines, smoked oysters, pickled herring, etc. My dad used to eat his sardines with a splash of vinegar and saltine crackers. I found that weird, myself, the vinegar part, especially. Pickled herring can't be the type that comes in a cream sauce with the skin still on, however. I find that disgusting.
I eat sardines with honey mustard right out of the can probably 1-2x/week. Very nutrient dense food and many say eww when I eat them lol.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Happy Joe's has the best Canadian bacon pizza. Don't ruin it with kraut.

giphy.gif

• Optimistic
Reactions: IASTATE07

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Might have to give the PB/pickles a try, sounds interesting.

I don't have that many odd ones. I grew up liking a cut up apple on sliced cheese and ritz or club crackers.

chili/cinnamon rolls, sardines with honey mustard, chips on my sandwich, PB on my pancakes or with chicken n waffles, once in awhile I'd do bananas in with a PB/PB&J.

My wife likes frosted flakes on PB-toast. I don't find it quite as fascinating as her. She doesn't like when I eat fish. Outside of sushi/octopus, I don't eat too many odd things.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron