What strange foods do you like?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I've never thought about this. I'm am one of the least "picky" eaters in the world but I can't think of a single weird thing I make or eat.

I will say some of you guys chips sandwiches sound appealing.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I eat sardines with honey mustard right out of the can probably 1-2x/week. Very nutrient dense food and many say eww when I eat them lol.
A true underdog story -- Honey mustard, the worst two combination of flavors anyone could ever think of, has suddenly become the go-to for a lot of people. I can't stand honey mustard.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
No clue if these fall in the weird category or not.

Peanut butter on pancakes and it is even better on waffles. Maple syrup and PB were made for each other. Not weird at all. I pretty much have to have at least a couple with PB anytime we have either at home.

I love a grilled cheese sandwich with cold pork n beans to dip the sandwich into.

My Polish wife's family makes the equivalent of bacon fat on bread. They of course have a name for it, but that is what it actually is. Obviously pretty tasty, but the first time I saw someone smearing bacon fat on bread it made my head spin. Never tried that, but if I can sneak it by the wife I will often fry up a slice of bread in the left over bacon grease. Bacon grease toast is where it's at!
I will probably have a Curly heart attack someday:
https://vlipsy.com/embed/ScU8jyTC

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
There are so many good choices in this thread but since my heart attack my wife has adapted a "heart healthy" diet for me. It's pretty easy to follow: If it tastes good I can't have it. One breakfast item I haven't been opposed to so far is oatmeal topped with canned peaches. We had a bumper crop of peaches last year and I canned close to 40 quarts so it's an easy choice to pound them down

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
When I was a kid I would make myself a ham sandwich using the packaged ham, not the deli counter stuff, with a full slice of onion, green olives, and sprinkle Lowrys all over that bad boy. So good.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Don’t do it anymore haven’t in many years, but growing up on the farm onion sandwiches two pieces of bread a slice of onion, butter, salt.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Beef heart n onions, ritz cracker sharp cheddar cheese on top with cheap yellow mustard

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Fried pig brains grandma used to tell me it was breaded tenderloins so I would eat it and when I liked it she unveiled her lie lol.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I like coconut waaaaaaay more than most people. I'm basically like Bubba from Forest Gump except coconut instead of shrimp.

Coconut...
pie
cake
milk
water
soap
ice cream
candy
cookies
cooking oil

last week i got scrach pads to do dishes made out of coconut that smell like coconut
I freaking love coconut. It’s to the point that I can’t even fathom that someone could not like it.

• Wow
Reactions: nrg4isu

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I freaking love coconut. It’s to the point that I can’t even fathom that someone could not like it.

That's really interesting. I am generally not a big fan of coconut. It's mostly a texture thing though with shredded coconut.

However, I had sweet coconut milk rice (in Edmonton of all places) and it was absolutely fantastic. I've tried a few times to replicate it but came up waaay short of the mark.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hash brown Sandwiches.

Toast or bread.
Frozen hash brown patty
cheese slice
Mustard or Ketchup or both.

Simple cook hash brown patty in toaster, make sandwich, enjoy. Lessen that hangover the next day.

They are good, they are simple, and they serve the purpose at 3am after a night of drinking.

At least that is what they were once used for, now I still eat one on occasion.

Also, my wife thinks it is strange that I put salt on Melons, and Apples. (which is strange because I rarely use salt on anything else.) Everyone in my family always eats melon with salt though.

I use ketchup or BBQ sauce on chips.

I like raw potatoes used to be a "treat" when my mom was cutting them up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron