Dwayne Pierce commits, third top 100 prospect in the 2024 class

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
I think TJ would still go for the dream positionless basketball team if he could muster it. A roster full of 6'8" guys who can all handle and can guard every position so you can switch on every screen without any issue. You may give up a little in the post but when their 6'3 point guard is mismatched on defense on everyone it is more than made up.
I heard Shane Battier has a set of quintuplet sons that are class of 2026.

• Funny
Reactions: CascadeClone

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
I think TJ would still go for the dream positionless basketball team if he could muster it. A roster full of 6'8" guys who can all handle and can guard every position so you can switch on every screen without any issue. You may give up a little in the post but when their 6'3 point guard is mismatched on defense on everyone it is more than made up.
Next year a lineup of Lipsey, Watson, Billiew, Momcilovic, King wouldn't be that far off other than at PG. What is that, 6'1" 6'6" 6'7" 6'8" 6'7"?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Next year a lineup of Lipsey, Watson, Billiew, Momcilovic, King wouldn't be that far off other than at PG. What is that, 6'1" 6'6" 6'7" 6'8" 6'7"?
Replace Lipsey with Williams and you suddenly have 6-4, 6-6, 6-7, 6-8, 6-7. Perhaps you start your big with Lipsey and then when subbing out go with this lineup to really screw with the opposition.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Very recent Dwayne

A couple of pretty fair Class of '24 guards there! Bogie and Dwayne.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Obviously Otz is a great recruiter but I wonder if any of our success is also due in a small way to the "blue bloods" now putting more effort recruiting proven college players with nil now.

Let ISU develop players then steal them away...
I've been wondering the same. Transfer portal had been really good to us and wondering why TJ is taking so many high school kids. Are we going to pull 3 really good ones every year and fill the gaps with transfers? Seems like a good mix of player development and hitting the free agency market.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
hell of a game.
Lots of talent in that game. Pierce looks like he might be a touch slow in his lateral movement on defense. Otherwise looks really good.

Bogie can play. Really like #22 for Christ the King as well.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I've been wondering the same. Transfer portal had been really good to us and wondering why TJ is taking so many high school kids. Are we going to pull 3 really good ones every year and fill the gaps with transfers? Seems like a good mix of player development and hitting the free agency market.
High school guys create a really solid base for the program, while transfers provide punch wherever you happen to need it year to year. Seems like a plan to me!