Dwayne Pierce commits, third top 100 prospect in the 2024 class

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I always have a small heart attack when I see these recruit threads bumped.

I know most of the time it is an update to their recruiting rankings or their performance in some sort of summer tournament or their high school/prep games during basketball season.

But there's always a small possibility of "decommitment" or "torn ACL" and frowny face.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I always have a small heart attack when I see these recruit threads bumped.

I know most of the time it is an update to their recruiting rankings or their performance in some sort of summer tournament or their high school/prep games during basketball season.

But there's always a small possibility of "decommitment" or "torn ACL" and frowny face.
Does someone need a time out Mods? :jimlad: ... or am I?

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Notable ISU greats from NY - Jamaal Tinsley, Dustin Hogue, Curtis Stinson, and Rahshon Clark. Hopefully this kid has a career like those guys.
You can tell that you are a youngster (Ha!) as you forget older great Cyclones from New York Zaid Abdull-Aziz (Don Smith at the time) and Bill Cain. Farther back would be John Crawford (1956-1958). All were impact players for the Cyclones.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
You can tell that you are a youngster (Ha!) as you forget older great Cyclones from New York Zaid Abdull-Aziz (Don Smith at the time) and Bill Cain. Farther back would be John Crawford (1956-1958). All were impact players for the Cyclones.
*Abdul-Aziz.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I don't see Jake Sullivan tossed out as a favorite much here. Maybe I am missing it? Great shooter and a 4 year guy, great Cyclone. But we have some great players that have accomplished some great things that I hear named more frequently.
I don't get why he is held in such high regard as a player. I wouldn't rank him iny top 10 guards for ISU. He shot @10% on the road.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I loved Sullivan when I was a kid. He was who I imagined being playing basketball on my crappy hoop hanging off my garage.

That being said, he's nothing compared to most guards we've had. Morris, Kane, Wigginton, Thomas, Naz, Grayer, Tinsley, Blalock, Haliburton, Thigpen, Hoiberg, on and on. Great players to compete with there.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I loved Sullivan when I was a kid. He was who I imagined being playing basketball on my crappy hoop hanging off my garage.

That being said, he's nothing compared to most guards we've had. Morris, Kane, Wigginton, Thomas, Naz, Grayer, Tinsley, Blalock, Haliburton, Thigpen, Hoiberg, on and on. Great players to compete with there.
He's a sharpshooter that you'd love to have on any team, but more of an outstanding complimentary player than someone who can carry a team.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
He's a sharpshooter that you'd love to have on any team, but more of an outstanding complimentary player than someone who can carry a team.
Sullivan would have been a perfect compliment to last years team, on the offensive end at least. Someone the defense absolutely cannot leave open on the arc. Grill was sort of that player last year (pre back injury) and we were a much better because of it.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Thanks for making that up. He and Shane Power were the reason we had a huge win in Lawrence when I was in school, and its not because he shot 10%..

Not only that but he also got moved to Point guard because we didn't recruit Tinsley's replacement. So he was playing out of position just to help the team out. If you look at his sophmore numbers before being moved to point guard. he was shooting 48 percent from 3. I am guessing every team in the country would take a 48 percent 3 point shooter.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022

Take Sullivan over Wiggington any time. Sullivan played for the Cyclones, Wiggington played for himself.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He was a good player. Had to deal with the Larry fallout and that's not anything any player deserves to have put on them. That said he's pretty overrated by our fanbase, at least in the sense that he was on that greatest players team.

He was basically Scott Christopherson/Tyrus McGee and although we loved those guys nobody would put them on a best of list.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Brockington and Kalscheur deserve some love.

They weren't as good of shooters as most of those guys on the list, but they broke out offensively on a fairly frequent basis. But both of them were two of the best perimeters defenders in school history.

There aren't many better two-way guards (Tinsley certainly is, for instance) on your list than those two.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron