Dwayne Pierce commits, third top 100 prospect in the 2024 class

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Horron
You have to look no further than Jaren to see how important a combo guard who can slide over and comfortably and effectively handle the point can be. If you need more historical reference see Mike Nurse. Somewhat more recent? Nick Babb. There are a few ISU teams who would have been in huge trouble without those skills from guys who weren't point guards. Just like this team would struggle without Jalen to back up the PG position. Jeremiah Williams is just another chapter in the lesson that depth at any position can quickly evaporate.
Horton is my favorite combo guard we've had. Still love that shot standing on the blue and yellow prairie chicken at AFH.

Reactions: matt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Horron

Horton is my favorite combo guard we've had. Still love that shot standing on the blue and yellow prairie chicken at AFH.

He's one of my favorite ISU players ever. Could probably have started at PG for several good teams and could do a lot of things.

Tinsely/Horton/Nurse was the most dynamic 1-3 spot ISU's ever had and they'd dominate in today's game too imo.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
He's one of my favorite ISU players ever. Could probably have started at PG for several good teams and could do a lot of things.

Tinsely/Horton/Nurse was the most dynamic 1-3 spot ISU's ever had and they'd dominate in today's game too imo.
Nurse would dominate today's twitter game too. One if not the best interviewee's/quotes ISU has ever had. Much more subtile than Niang.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Mike Nurse is my favorite ISU player ever. There was never a player as tough as him. Got hit by a truck during the week crossing Lincoln Way and saved the day in Hilton that Saturday.

Reactions: cayin

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016

And still there are those on here that hold Sullivan higher.
TJ has proven he can recruit, but he's not doing it alone. Who else on staff should be getting credit?

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
TJ has proven he can recruit, but he's not doing it alone. Who else on staff should be getting credit?
Pretty much the whole staff, they work as a team in many parts. I would probably say Jr would be the “head” recruiter. But Micah Byers is pretty important. He sets up
Most of the campus visits

Reactions: cyclonehomer

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Mike Nurse is my favorite ISU player ever. There was never a player as tough as him. Got hit by a truck during the week crossing Lincoln Way and saved the day in Hilton that Saturday.
Niang and Melvin for me. Not only were they outstanding on the court they were great ambassadors for the university. Quality guys all around!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

He’s not doing it alone but it’s clear that his coaches are recruiting the TJ way. He’s making them better recruiters.

OtownClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2021
I don't see Jake Sullivan tossed out as a favorite much here. Maybe I am missing it? Great shooter and a 4 year guy, great Cyclone. But we have some great players that have accomplished some great things that I hear named more frequently.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I don't see Jake Sullivan tossed out as a favorite much here. Maybe I am missing it? Great shooter and a 4 year guy, great Cyclone. But we have some great players that have accomplished some great things that I hear named more frequently.
I think his post-Cyclones life has had some less than great moments regarding ISU basketball. IIRC something like he was publicly talking about them not recruiting the state enough, etc. Far from an expert on that but I'd imagine it's at least partially that - and especially when more recent guys like Georges, Monte, Haliburton and others have both had more professional success as players AND are always talking up ISU/Ames.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think his post-Cyclones life has had some less than great moments regarding ISU basketball. IIRC something like he was publicly talking about them not recruiting the state enough, etc. Far from an expert on that but I'd imagine it's at least partially that - and especially when more recent guys like Georges, Monte, Haliburton and others have both had more professional success as players AND are always talking up ISU/Ames.

He didn’t get along with McDermott. Since Greg left he has been good to Iowa State.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron