KXNO Sports Fanatics

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I pretty much catch an hour total of KCNO during the day with driving to work, lunch, and back home. The what would you wager segment has to be the worst segment in the history of sports radio that they do on The Drive

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You’re forgetting about the 5-0 and Freaky Friday Top 5 segments. An hour of listening to 3 different people’s 5 favorite gum flavors or Easter egg colors is excruciating. I thought the show was okay at first but the producer is basically the third co-host now. He can’t even handle the producing part of his job. Yesterday they went to a break saying they’d have the Chadster on next. Came back from break and the producer had forgotten to get everything set up and hadn’t even called him. They all found this hilarious.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
You’re forgetting about the 5-0 and Freaky Friday Top 5 segments. An hour of listening to 3 different people’s 5 favorite gum flavors or Easter egg colors is excruciating. I thought the show was okay at first but the producer is basically the third co-host now. He can’t even handle the producing part of his job. Yesterday they went to a break saying they’d have the Chadster on next. Came back from break and the producer had forgotten to get everything set up and hadn’t even called him. They all found this hilarious.
I tuned in for a couple of minutes yesterday afternoon. It was the height of rush hour, the time with the highest volume of listeners, on a Friday afternoon before two big games for the local teams along with a full slate of NFL games coming up.....and these 3 losers were talking about pumpkin spice. Unreal what gets passed off as sports talk on this station now.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Miller & Condon just said that their show will be moving from 10 till Noon to 11 to 1 pm.
So no more Cowherd and an extra hour of Dan Patrick? Not a horrible trade. I prefer more pro news, so I'll still be listening to ESPN (or maybe Rome) if I'm in the car over lunch hour, but now I won't be subject to Cowherd's unbearable smugness (and possibly Gottlieb's stupidity when he guest hosts) I if flip around during that time.

Side note - I caught 5 minutes of Rome the other day with Coach K on. He was promoting The Redeem Team doc on Netflix. I watched that last night. Pretty solid and still sad to think Kobe is gone.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
So no more Cowherd and an extra hour of Dan Patrick? Not a horrible trade. I prefer more pro news, so I'll still be listening to ESPN (or maybe Rome) if I'm in the car over lunch hour, but now I won't be subject to Cowherd's unbearable smugness (and possibly Gottlieb's stupidity when he guest hosts) I if flip around during that time.

Side note - I caught 5 minutes of Rome the other day with Coach K on. He was promoting The Redeem Team doc on Netflix. I watched that last night. Pretty solid and still sad to think Kobe is gone.
Yep, 1 more hour of Dan Patrick and no more Cowherd. They said it was done so KXNO could have 7 hours of continuous local coverage (11am - 6pm).

Reactions: ScottyP

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

I don’t mind Gottlieb, especially during the CBB season. I’m down to listening to only Ken and Trent now. I’m not sure if it’s the time of year or what, but Fales wants to make everything political. To the point where you can tell it makes Murph uncomfortable.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Man, Murph seems to take a lot of time off.
Same with Ross lately. The guy was off for like a week right when he switched to the morning. Had some more days of a few weeks later. Now has the rest of this week off for his realtor job.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Maybe not the correct thread but when did Miller and Condon go to three hours?

Also, Andy mentioned that Murph is down in Arizona tending to his son. Anyone know what is going on?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

Also, Andy mentioned that Murph is down in Arizona tending to his son. Anyone know what is going on?
Miller & Condon went from 10-12 to 11-1. Still 2 hours just an hour back.

Regarding Murph:

Reactions: BigTurk

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

Rarely listen but I think they just got moved to 11-1. So 2 hours.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Serious question, do they do anything on the 3-6 show other than constantly refer to 5-0 or have him on for whatever reason they can come up with? I swear somebody is getting paid for every time Heather mentions him.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Serious question, do they do anything on the 3-6 show other than constantly refer to 5-0 or have him on for whatever reason they can come up with? I swear somebody is getting paid for every time Heather mentions him.
Well at least she isnt talking about her time working at ESPN anymore

Reactions: Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Well at least she isnt talking about her time working at ESPN anymore
When the show first started and she was off for a long time and it was Sean and a fill-in and the producer Caleb wasn’t part of the show, I thought it’d be good. Now it’s pretty much unlistenable with 3 people talking, laughing at each other’s ’jokes’, and the constant “Oh we should ask 5-0 about that” , “Should I call 5-0?”, “OMG 5-0 and I ate there last night!” Judas. Just kill me.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It makes me wonder if they have any way of understanding what works and doesn't work with their audience. I can't fathom the number of listeners who like the 5-0 segment can outweigh the ones who change the dial when he's on. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'd love to know who is continuing to allow him to have that much time on air.