Wait, tOSU almost went independent?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I would think that if your one of the top dogs in college, when you TV rights deal comes up, you wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't consider it.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Yeah, could see a world where some of the big dogs go independent with a scheduling alliance between some of them

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I still think there was more than smoke to them, Michigan, and PSU jumping to the SEC last summer.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
I won't be surprised if going independent becomes the new thing after the superconferences are set. ND, Bama, OSU, USC and one or two others could just form a scheduling agreement to fill half their schedule each year and then pay to have all home games the rest of the season while having their own tv/streaming deals.

• Winner
Reactions: CaptainAnon

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Ohio State and the like will leave behind the tiny Northwesterns/Vanderbilts and the medium Iowas/Arkansas and won’t think twice about doing it. That day is coming
So why would we let them? Yeah they have the biggest market's BECAUSE they beat these other smaller teams every year which built their brand... they wouldn't be there without the little guy, they already profit the most and will soon shut us out completely...
As far as I'm aware no other sports league just pays the "bigger" teams more based on what they individually would theoretically bring in.

I'm pretty naive though, and no other sports league is as in-car realized and lawless as college athletics