Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Oh I have no idea but someone will likely pick him up in the G-League and he'll make his way from there. Just saying I doubt he's just going to pack his bags for over seas.
Yeah, he'll get one more shot I think. That call from overseas just got quite a bit louder though

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This video caused me to actually laugh out loud. This looks like me running out of ideas at the end of my 8 year old son's basketball practice.

Watched alot of basketball and had never seen the sit-in-the-chair-while-I-do-some-sick-moves-then-pass-it-to-you drill.
Why is he throwing tennis balls at him in the first clip? What is that supposed to teach him? Isn’t he supposed to use wrenches if he wants him to dodge stuff?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can unequivocally say Kris won't be as good offensively as either Keegan or Luka. They had two historic years back to back. If Kris can average 16/7, then I think that will help a lot and Iowa gets in on the 8-11 spot.
Will the big ten be bad again this year? That would help Iowa.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think he is shooting so much from 40 foot to help his defense. If he is already 40 foot down floor, he can get back in 10 seconds instead of 20. Actually kind of genius level stuff.
I remember the last time ISU fans were laughing at Garza for practicing deep threes, then he proceeded to hit about 5 in a row as Iowa and Garza trounced ISU.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
He will be a millionaire with what he makes overseas. So he is doing okay

His dad can invest it for him
I remember the last time ISU fans were laughing at Garza for practicing deep threes, then he proceeded to hit about 5 in a row as Iowa and Garza trounced ISU.

ISU won 2 games that year, we sucked

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
His dad can invest it for him

ISU won 2 games that year, we sucked
Just an observation. Garza was an offensive stud in college. Everyone knew he would struggle at the next level because of his athletic shortcomings. I was surprised he was drafted and got time at the next level TBH.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just an observation. Garza was an offensive stud in college. Everyone knew he would struggle at the next level because of his athletic shortcomings. I was surprised he was drafted and got time at the next level TBH.
We aren’t laughing at shots. We are laughing at his slow feet.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This reminds me of when Bobo signed some shoes and left them on the court of the other 20 loss ISU team that Iowa played.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
This reminds me of when Bobo signed some shoes and left them on the court of the other 20 loss ISU team that Iowa played.
And ISU had a packed house and fully expected to win that game and left shocked that Iowa did that to them on their home floor. That was when ISU fans thought Prohm was a good coach.

• Dumb
  • Haha
Reactions: 8bitnes and Rural

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And ISU had a packed house and fully expected to win that game and left shocked that Iowa did that to them on their home floor. That was when ISU fans thought Prohm was a good coach.

In December? Sure, fans are going to be there for a rivalry game.

ISU fans were wavering on Prohm after a weird season prior and other red flags.

There were other signs that ISU was bad and Iowa fan players jumped on the opportunity.

That's funny that you're still basking in it like a good little Franny follower though.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If only Prohm could accomplish some of the things Frannypants has. Wait, never mind.

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
People make mistakes. Kinda like when a player signs with Iowa. it happens.

But it is also great for a fanbase to pack a stadium to support their team even when they aren't good. But what do I know.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
To be fair we hadn’t lost to Iowa in Hilton in almost 20 years at that point so yeah, it was shocking getting trounced.

Also, in reference to our packed house, Hilton is basically always packed.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Give Fran time, he just got there.
Do you realize how big of a hole he was in when he got there? It takes decades to recover from a coach like Lickliter. It'd be completely unheard of to win...and I'm just pulling this number out of the air....say 2 games one year and then make a Sweet 16 the next. That just doesn't happen. Ever. Never ever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron