We STILL control our own destiny (kinda)

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Oklahoma has three games left (Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma State)
We need to win out in order to make championship, but it is directly dependent on what Oklahoma does.

[Oklahoma's last three game results] = Championship Berths

WLW= OU vs ISU
LLW= BAY vs ISU
WLL = ISU vs OSU
LLL = BAY vs OKST

*This is assuming that neither Baylor nor Oklahoma State doesn't lose a dumb one.

The probability of Oklahoma losing all three is MUCH less than 1%.

Win out and we are heading to Dallas.

Last edited:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Oklahoma has three games left (Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma)
We need to win out in order to make championship, but it is directly dependent on what Oklahoma does.

WLW= OU vs ISU
LLW= BAY vs ISU
WLL = ISU vs OSU
LLL = BAY vs OKST

*This is assuming that neither Baylor nor Oklahoma State doesn't lose a dumb one.

Been trying to say this in other threads... the WV game was largely meaningless unless you think OU loses out. We would have been in trouble winning WVU and losing to OU in regards to tiebrakes. Sure the loss sucks, but goal is still in reach. Removes all error in dropping another Texas/Tech/TCU game though.

The odds of them losing out are over 1%... i think they had in the big 12 simulator thread. Cant imagine OU's odds at higher than 70% for any of the 3 remaining games which would imply 3% chance of losing all 3.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
At this point I have no expectations. I’m sick of getting kicked in the nuts. Just going to enjoy this being our problem and not hoping to just get a few wins like it used to be. That has to be my mindset or I will flip lol

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

WLW= OU vs ISU
LLW= BAY vs ISU
WLL = ISU vs OSU
LLL = BAY vs OKST

I've been saying this too.

Only thing i'm confused about because I am too lazy to figure out all the tiebreaker.
But if OU goes WLW, ISU is in because in that scenario, it's a three way tie with OSU/BU/ISU and ISU is the only one to beat OU?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

WLW= OU vs ISU
LLW= BAY vs ISU
WLL = ISU vs OSU
LLL = BAY vs OKST

bill-hader-sign-me-up.gif

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
People really into getting stomped on multiple times. Why do you do this to yourself? People probably think ISU men are a tourney team this year too.

8-4 would be outstanding, we'd be punching above our weight recruiting wise. Covid year was odd. We should realistically finish with 6-8 wins with our recruiting profile and Campbell as coach. (5-6 wins without Campbell) once our recruiting picks up and average of 15 spots I'll be into more hype.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
What's wrong with being optimistic? Yes, it sucks we've already lost three games, given the expectations going into the season. Will we win the next four games? Probably not. Are we capable of doing so? Absolutely! Why not make that the goal? Would you rather wallow in self-pity about what might have been? **** that!

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
team is basically the same as last year but we have had less breaks this year

it's very possible that we could win out if the offense and defense (edit: and special teams lol) perform at the level they are capable of

we're a few plays away from being 7-1 (and we probably beat iowa if we play them later in the year)

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
People really into getting stomped on multiple times. Why do you do this to yourself? People probably think ISU men are a tourney team this year too.

8-4 would be outstanding, we'd be punching above our weight recruiting wise. Covid year was odd. We should realistically finish with 6-8 wins with our recruiting profile and Campbell as coach. (5-6 wins without Campbell) once our recruiting picks up and average of 15 spots I'll be into more hype.

Oh gee, I sure hope we can punch above our recruiting profile. That'd be swell!

Why would we watch sports if we can't be optimistic about our team? Nobody is saying it's likely. We're saying it's possible. That makes Saturday more fun.

We aren't cheering for anything that hasn't happened since *checks notes* last season.

Reactions: Jerms

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Aside from us winning out, I think the biggest thing is Ok St not losing to someone they shouldn’t. We need them involved in tiebreakers.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic