Baylor in the news again, and not in a good way

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
There needs to be a lot more parent education when it comes to college financial aid. The entire process can be extremely daunting, especially to parents of first-gen college students, they often just don't know what they're getting into and it sounds like in situations like this, schools like it that way. Feel bad for them.

• Winner
Reactions: CascadeClone

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I won't comment on how insane you have to be to pay $50,000 for a year of college. I just won't.

I know of someone that went to a private "Art" school. Costs about $60k per year. They were ecstatic because they received biggest scholarship in their high school of $16k per year for four years. The $16k scholarship came from the school charging them $60k. I'll let you think that one through.

Anyway, gradated last spring with a mountain of debt and working at a near minimum wage job not doing anything remotely related to their trash degree.

I personally tried to tell them they were stupid before they chose it, but they shrugged it off. "Ill be in debt the rest of my life who cares, I'll be doing what I love." Which is the advice they heard from all of their teachers, friends, and parents... "Just do what you love."

Sorry end rant. It was someone close to me and makes me sick to think about.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I know of someone that went to a private "Art" school. Costs about $60k per year. They were ecstatic because they received biggest scholarship in their high school of $16k per year for four years. The $16k scholarship came from the school charging them $60k. I'll let you think that one through.

Anyway, gradated last spring with a mountain of debt and working at a near minimum wage job not doing anything remotely related to their trash degree.

I personally tried to tell them they were stupid before they chose it, but they shrugged it off. "Ill be in debt the rest of my life who cares, I'll be doing what I love." Which is the advice they heard from all of their teachers, friends, and parents... "Just do what you love."

The only reason why I went to St. Ambrose (private school in Davenport) for my MBA is because my job paid for 100% of it. I would have never chosen to get any degree there in any other circumstance.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Is it the art school that ran ads in the paper when I was a kid, where you had to draw a cartoon turtle with a baseball cap to exhibit your talents?