Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

David394

Apr 7, 2021
Just saying to me he comes off as not taking the high road. Was he thankful for her contributions or not? If so, why not thank her. Was the thought process, "Well, I was gonna thank you for your contributions, but then you mishandled your exit so now I'm not gonna thank you." I like the Calipari example above, taking the high road toward a player who showed inappropriate behavior. I'm have no knowledge that Feuerbach did as well, although you seem to suggest it.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Just saying to me he comes off as not taking the high road. Was he thankful for her contributions or not? If so, why not thank her. Was the thought process, "Well, I was gonna thank you for your contributions, but then you mishandled your exit so now I'm not gonna thank you." I like the Calipari example above, taking the high road toward a player who showed inappropriate behavior. I'm have no knowledge that Feuerbach did as well, although you seem to suggest it.

I have yet to see a single response from TJ regarding any of the men who are transferring, so why should CBF need to do one?

• Creative
Reactions: cyputz

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As a number have posted, before you judge coaches actions we should wait till we know where she is going to see what is said.

Not sure what where she ends up going to school has to do with how we should react. Gonna be a long wait to see what is said because neither side is going to say anything. Feuerbach said her generic polite piece and the staff isn't going to say anything. Ever. Well, maybe a passive aggressive cheap shot at some point down the line about "Iowa State Way" and "players who want to be here" but nothing specific.

Reactions: Oleclone

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Not sure what where she ends up going to school has to do with how we should react. Gonna be a long wait to see what is said because neither side is going to say anything. Feuerbach said her generic polite piece and the staff isn't going to say anything. Ever. Well, maybe a passive aggressive cheap shot at some point down the line about "Iowa State Way" and "players who want to be here" but nothing specific.

And why should they? I don't see Kim Mulkey issuing a statement regarding Jordyn Oliver transferring, or Jeff Mittie issuing a statement with Chrissy Carr transferring, and Carr's dad is an assistant for Mittie, so why should CBF be expected to say something or issue a statement?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have yet to see a single response from TJ regarding any of the men who are transferring, so why should CBF need to do one?
Well none of those players were recruited by TJ to play for him. No one is surprised they are being told to leave or are leaving on their own. BF recruited and landed Kylie just a year ago. He played her significantly. And she is still on her way out. Its a little different.....

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And why should they? I don't see Kim Mulkey issuing a statement regarding Jordyn Oliver transferring, or Jeff Mittie issuing a statement with Chrissy Carr transferring, and Carr's dad is an assistant for Mittie, so why should CBF be expected to say something or issue a statement?

Never said he should say anything, more that he won't and the whole discussion is sort of a waste of time. We'll never be privy to the reason she left. Players keep their mouths shut for a reason and that's because she is still at the mercy of another school offering her and she doesn't need the perception of any baggage. If players have grievances it isn't in their best interest to air them. She may or may not have a grievance. I won't say I don't care if she does or doesn't but I'll never know so point is sort of moot. Won't change anything. At this point I am more interested in what Kristen Scott ends up deciding.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

How do you know Fennelly didn't thank her face-to-face? How do you know he didn't offer to help her find a new home? How do you know he didn't give her a big hug? That also applies to his staff.

I see Coach Cal's statements as 100% self serving. He is only making those statements for UK recruiting purposes. If Calapari made those growth/developmental comments face-to-face with CamRon, why would he need to post the tweet? Calapari's tweets are only aimed at making sure his one-and-done gravy train doesn't take a hit with the transfer of Fletcher and Askew this spring.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Well none of those players were recruited by TJ to play for him. No one is surprised they are being told to leave or are leaving on their own. BF recruited and landed Kylie just a year ago. He played her significantly. And she is still on her way out. Its a little different.....
Why does it matter - TJ was their coach when they decided to leave. TJ could easily come out and said something like "Based on the coaching change, player x is choosing to pursue opportunities elsewhere, we wish them the best of luck."

There are over 2,000 players in the portal for men's and women's basketball this year, do you really think every coach that has a player in the portal has spent the time to publicly wish them well?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
When did it become mandatory to have to sing kumbaya when players choose to leave a program early? Let 'em handle it privately however they want to and don't lose any sleep over it. Next thing ya know we will be concerned that we didn't see a picture published showing Coach giving her a certificate of participation (insert major sarcasm emoji here)

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Why does it matter - TJ was their coach when they decided to leave. TJ could easily come out and said something like "Based on the coaching change, player x is choosing to pursue opportunities elsewhere, we wish them the best of luck."

There are over 2,000 players in the portal for men's and women's basketball this year, do you really think every coach that has a player in the portal has spent the time to publicly wish them well?
you tried to compare the situations as if they’re the same. They’re not, and this long winded diatribe is just that.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I am trying to think of any scenario where you provide 8 months of service in a 4 year commitment and should expect a “thank you” when you decide to leave.

Its like a chick you’re in love with breaks up with you and you go on social media to thank her for dating you, like, wtf?

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
An interesting observation.

Right now our current WBB roster on Cyclones.com still has Maddie Wise on it but has removed Kylie Feuerbach from it.
Also, Kristin Scott and Rae Johnson are still listed. I really hope Kristin can come back for another year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
An interesting observation.

Right now our current WBB roster on Cyclones.com still has Maddie Wise on it but has removed Kylie Feuerbach from it.
Also, Kristin Scott and Rae Johnson are still listed. I really hope Kristin can come back for another year.
That’s typical for transfer outs. Maddie is an odd situation, If not for Covid she would be done. Her family situation is also playing some into it.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron