Bolton is now officially in Portal as expected.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Understandable, but the personal attacks and vitriol I get after every post has only gotten worse and more vulgar over the past 15 years - sometimes because I'm "airing dirty laundry", because I'm "not providing enough detail and context", or because things change so damn quickly in the world of athletes, recruits, etc. I'm exhausted with life and people so being very careful with what I say.

People will always speculate so I would prefer to leave it as it was an unanimous team decision and wish him the best from there. Onward and upward.
And hence the 'gossip' magazines of which I do not want to be a part of. The problem is I have to wide through 95% crap to get to the 5% of intelligent take. But, I still love that 5%.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
That should be a clue to himself and others, that he is a problem or a person with issues.
That's 'speculation'. Do you know 'why' he played for that many HS teams? Couldn't you equally speculate that number of transfers messes with a young man's temperament, attitude, and personality? There's too many unknowns to fully tarnish a young man.

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
I was not aware of any of these rumors regarding not getting along with teammates. Although, it is my hope that we aren't starting a program that lets young people VOTE on a decision affecting another young person's ENTIRE life. If the rumors are true, I hope the ADULTS who make the big bucks, made an informed intelligent decision on their own.
That being said, I was looking forward to seeing Rasir play a position (and role) he was more suited for, watching him this last year I felt like he carried the weight of the entire program on his shoulders, it's an awful lot, especially when you aren't equipped.
Good Luck to him.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Other than Hunter, do we have even a mid-major caliber starting guard? Jackson will be a great piece off the bench, but yeesh.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
That's 'speculation'. Do you know 'why' he played for that many HS teams? Couldn't you equally speculate that number of transfers messes with a young man's temperament, attitude, and personality? There's too many unknowns to fully tarnish a young man.
At some point, you are who your record says you are. Four different hs teams...says something about who you are, especially when combined with at least three different college teams.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I was not aware of any of these rumors regarding not getting along with teammates. Although, it is my hope that we aren't starting a program that lets young people VOTE on a decision affecting another young person's ENTIRE life. If the rumors are true, I hope the ADULTS who make the big bucks, made an informed intelligent decision on their own.
That being said, I was looking forward to seeing Rasir play a position (and role) he was more suited for, watching him this last year I felt like he carried the weight of the entire program on his shoulders, it's an awful lot, especially when you aren't equipped.
Good Luck to him.

Yes, I agree. I'm wondering if we can vote to kick off other posters from this site....bbbbuwhahahahhahahaha :)

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Uh, no, he wanted to stay. This was a team decision.

Edit to be very clear: Rasir wanted to stay, made some strides to mend fences with the other players, but the team as a whole decided his fate. Good kid but not a great teammate and with a change in culture being critical to the future, he was voted off the island. Period, end of story.

This isn't on TJ or on Rasir, or anybody individually - it it what was deemed necessary by all involved (with the exception of Rasir).
THANKS JEREMY FOR THE CORRECTION, I DID NOT KNOW THAT BECAUSE UNLIKE YOU, I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO BE ON THE INSIDE

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION OF MY INCORRECT ASSUMPTION..

Do You remember when you sent out a plea for money and I sent you
Twenty Dollars? TAKE CARE MY FRIEND AND GO CYCLONES

• Haha
Reactions: Cy$

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
People keep saying this but he currently is a small shooting guard who shoots in the low 30%s
Hopefully there is a bump in production now that he’s an upperclassman. But yes, we all have been saying “he’d be a nice bench piece” since he’s gotten here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good Luck to him.

Did Bolton have several chances to not put himself in a position to be voted out?

I agree, it ultimately comes down to the head coach/leadership but on the other hand CMC is lauded for the player-run program.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyBobby and CyPack

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Did Bolton have several chances to not put himself in a position to be voted out?

I agree, it ultimately comes down to the head coach/leadership but on the other hand CMC is lauded for the player-run program.
I'm assuming bolton had a bunch of chances before this was voted on assuming the voting thing was true. I feel like you'd have to be a pretty legendarily bad teammate to be the first in my memory to be voted off the island.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Hopefully there is a bump in production now that he’s an upperclassman. But yes, we all have been saying “he’d be a nice bench piece” since he’s gotten here.

Best thing would likely be he gets replaced in the transfer market unless there is huge improvement.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
People keep saying this but he currently is a small shooting guard who shoots in the low 30%s
He regressed from year 1 to 2, but he was coming off an injury and I don't think very many have improved their shooting percentage under Prohm, hopefully TJ can help him find his mojo.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Best thing would likely be he gets replaced in the transfer market unless there is huge improvement.
I think that’s the most likely scenario. I’d love for the kid to have a massive jump in production but that’s probably thinking to optimistically.