*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
F u moron. Spell check must have caught you sometime in your life.
Did their effort earn that horrendous call? That is all I asked. Yes, theoretically, they. May have not win even if that call goes the right way, but will never know. And for what it's worth that was jackson putting in a lot of effort to get that terrible call. I'm not going to let that go unnoticed.

2 win teams find a variety of ways to lose vs finding ways to win. To point to a single call is as reason they lost, just points to a team that is not prepared to finish games.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Xavier Foster and TCU coach Jamie Dixon chatting before the game. I&#39;m guessing Dixon asked about X&#39;s healing foot</p>&mdash; Randy Peterson (@RandyPete) <a href="">February 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Randy's talent on display.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
He'd have to find a unique way to spin chasing those consecutive loss records as a positive, or manage to make "can we run the table again" some sort of draw. I can't imagine that works.

But he does hate firing coaches, and he's cheap, so who knows? Maybe something about "real Cyclones don't bail on a struggling program" character pitch like some posters enjoy so much.

I think the fact that we haven't heard pollard come out and say anything yet in Prohm's defense probably says he's on the same page with where we're at.

Remember that statement he put out lamenting the increase in transfers nationwide when everyone was bailing on McDermott? That was pretty funny a couple years later when we became transfer-U in a good way instead. If Pollard thought Steve was savable he probably would have tweeted something by now.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Yeah, offensive scheme and effectiveness is certainty lacking, but lack of talent is even more. Outside of Bolton and JCL...who can get their own high percentage shot? Harris has moments, but jab step 3 pointers are low percentage. We are too easy to guard at 4 of the positions, no mismatches. We lack true bucket getters and have since 2018.

I mean, it helps if you have a system and run plays. Most teams get several open looks for shots, under Prohm it’s a lot of standing still and jacking one up wherever you are.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I'm not Steve you idiot and I'm not saying he should be retained. It is obvious that we don't presently have a coach that has the capability to produce a winning program. Everyone can see that. But where I draw the line is publically shitting all over the representatives of your school's team. These are young men and women, who I am fairly sure aren't trying to purposefully ruin your life through their lack of skill or execution. For the most part, they are playing their hearts out trying to win for themselves, their team, their school and the fans. And this is the thanks they get from some of us. I'm not sure how many of you who speak like this about these young people are parents, but if you are, shame on you. If you are not of that age yet or have not had kids, please grow up before you consider procreating.

Ok Steve. Good bye forever pls!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I'm not Steve you idiot and I'm not saying he should be retained. It is obvious that we don't presently have a coach that has the capability to produce a winning program. Everyone can see that. But where I draw the line is publically shitting all over the representatives of your school's team. These are young men and women, who I am fairly sure aren't trying to purposefully ruin your life through their lack of skill or execution. For the most part, they are playing their hearts out trying to win for themselves, their team, their school and the fans. And this is the thanks they get from some of us. I'm not sure how many of you who speak like this about these young people are parents, but if you are, shame on you. If you are not of that age yet or have not had kids, please grow up before you consider procreating.

I remember a lot of Chiefs fans being like this on the Pioli/Haley/Cassel era. I’m glad we flied the Scott Pioli banner. I’m glad fans wanting the best for the team led to Reid/Mahomes/Super Bowls.

Pussies like you are what leads to Prohm being retained, and Iowa State continuing to lose.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
2 win teams find a variety of ways to lose vs finding ways to win. To point to a single call is as reason they lost, just points to a team that is not prepared to finish games.
While I agree with your point, I believe there are times when officiants screw up and cause a game to turn. There are enough changes in momentum during a game without inserting an artificial one. I have always said bad teams typically can't overcome bad calls, good teams do sometimes and great teams are able to overcome them most of the time.

Still comes back to this point. Was that a good call? Was it at in important point in the game? Did it make a difference? My answers are no, yes and yes. I'm not sure if we would have won if we got that call, but it is an undeniable fact we would have had better chance if we did.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I mean, it helps if you have a system and run plays. Most teams get several open looks for shots, under Prohm it’s a lot of standing still and jacking one up wherever you are.

Prohm is a tried and true pace and space offensive coach. Wants great freedom offensively and with a great PG to push the ball, pressure the rim and hit opener shooters would be his choice and makes this offensive work (see Cannan, Payne,Morris, Babb, Hali), unfortunately this year we have no PG or shooters. He’s been known for having great PGs, but his lack of one (either behind Halliburton last year) or this year is likely going to cost him this gig. Hunter is a year too late.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyBobby

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I remember a lot of Chiefs fans being like this on the Pioli/Haley/Cassel era. I’m glad we flied the Scott Pioli banner. I’m glad fans wanting the best for the team led to Reid/Mahomes/Super Bowls.

Pussies like you are what leads to Prohm being retained, and Iowa State continuing to lose.
So big tough guys like you, telling our athletes they suck is what gets us greatness? Yeah, that's the ticket.

Look if I had the power, Steve would be gone after this season. We've hung on too long and it's not working.

But, suggesting that I'm a ***** because I stick up for 18 to 22 year old kids is just stupid. If they aren't good enough for you, then get a new coach and recruit different kids, but don't run them down while they are here trying hard. (Now, if they don't try hard, that is another matter.)

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
While I agree with your point, I believe there are times when officiants screw up and cause a game to turn. There are enough changes in momentum during a game without inserting an artificial one. I have always said bad teams typically can't overcome bad calls, good teams do sometimes and great teams are able to overcome them most of the time.

Still comes back to this point. Was that a good call? Was it at in important point in the game? Did it make a difference? My answers are no, yes and yes. I'm not sure if we would have won if we got that call, but it is an undeniable fact we would have had better chance if we did.
This team has had chances to win games this year and every time has failed to execute. There is nothing to prove it would have been different this time.

Bad teams put themselves in a position to magnify a call. There are calls missed all game.

Bad teams get calls in their favor too. problem is because they are bad team the probability of taking advantage of a bad call is also lower

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I think the fact that we haven't heard pollard come out and say anything yet in Prohm's defense probably says he's on the same page with where we're at.

Remember that statement he put out lamenting the increase in transfers nationwide when everyone was bailing on McDermott? That was pretty funny a couple years later when we became transfer-U in a good way instead. If Pollard thought Steve was savable he probably would have tweeted something by now.

I truly hope this is the case.

JP might be stubborn and even a bit arrogant at times, but he certainly isn't dumb. He has to know what the fan reaction would be if he decided to retain Prohm, no matter the big Fiesta Bowl win.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I think you should take it easy Erik. It's been a long season and a challenging year. Seriously.
It's ok Erik be doesn't like excuses and I'm saying it's the refs faulty. Likely, Erik and I want the same thing.

Erik, I don't like the state of isu basketball any more than you do. I hate the fact that our players look disorganized and it doesn't seem like we outsmart anyone. That disappoints me. I happen to take it out on the refs, some people take it out on the coach, some people take it out on the players. I know I'm not one to rag on players, and I have given way too much leaway to coaches. I can easily see mistakes by officials, so I can them out on it. And just as you are frustrated by my sulence on how our team's execution losses us games, I'm frustrated by many people's incapabilty to see that one or a few bad calls can turn a game. Especially for a team as down as ours.

I do think we are agreeing on one thing. It appears we need a new coach, even if we can't afford it.

Reactions: socalcy