*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
There's no way Pollard can bring back Prohm next season.

Agree. Even hearing Dickie V today go off on ADs letting coaches go during this Covid season made some good points, but you can’t go winless in conference, get pounded at Hilton, getting out coached and schemed in tight spots, get run by Iowa two years in a row and miss on entire recruiting classes...it’s clearly time.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So we probably need a bit of a rough start next year to get the record?

Depending on how you count it:

We've lost 19 straight games to conference foes. 18 of those in the regular season.

If we lose out this year we will have lost 23 straight games to conference foes, 21 in the regular season.

If you only count the regular season games, we tie the record if we lose out. If you count the conference tournament games, we tie the record losing the next 2 and surpass it when we lose to KSU.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Depending on how you count it:

We've lost 19 straight games to conference foes. 18 of those in the regular season.

If we lose out this year we will have lost 23 straight games to conference foes, 21 in the regular season.

If you only count the regular season games, we tie the record if we lose out. If you count the conference tournament games, we tie the record losing the next 2 and surpass it when we lose to KSU.

Might as well count it.

Thanks, Prohm, for ruining math and records.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Agree. Even hearing Dickie V today go off on ADs letting coaches go during this Covid season made some good points, but you can’t go winless in conference, get pounded at Hilton, getting out coached and schemed in tight spots, get run by Iowa two years in a row and miss on entire recruiting classes...it’s clearly time.
What's so frustrating is the lack of offensive execution. They don't run any set plays. Settle for more jumpers than any team I've ever seen.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
We would find a way to lose without their help. Didn't help, but it doesn't matter for a team this pathetic.
Thanks. This proves my point. Some people can't see how small things within a game can change the outcome. Say that point we can go up by 3 more or give them 3, possible 6 point swing. It is a big deal and INEXCUSIBLE. You and those like you can go on pulling in the coach who isn't any more happy about this season than you are. He makes a lot of money to take that kind of heat. But, you and the others like you need to shut your ******* mouths about the players who put it in the line and have gotten very little in return for their effort. Talking **** about your team's players does not make you a fan. It just makes you a piece of ****.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Thanks. This proves my point. Some people can't see how small things within a game can change the outcome. Say that point we can go up by 3 more or give them 3, possible 6 point swing. It is a big deal and INEXCUSIBLE. You and those like you can go on pulling in the coach who isn't any more happy about this season than you are. He makes a lot of money to take that kind of heat. But, you and the others like you need to shut your ******* mouths about the players who put it in the line and have gotten very little in return for their effort. Talking **** about your team's players does not make you a fan. It just makes you a piece of ****.

They've gotten what their efforts earned. This record is no accident.
And I won't be pulling on anyone, whatever that means. Sure I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Man Tcu is bad, I mean that’s a really poor basketball team. And we can’t beat them. I’m feeling sad tonight for the guys, Solomon stuck it out here despite what was a really bad situation. Just hate to see him go out like that.

Don’t they have like 10 more wins than us?

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
What's so frustrating is the lack of offensive execution. They don't run any set plays. Settle for more jumpers than any team I've ever seen.

Yeah, offensive scheme and effectiveness is certainty lacking, but lack of talent is even more. Outside of Bolton and JCL...who can get their own high percentage shot? Harris has moments, but jab step 3 pointers are low percentage. We are too easy to guard at 4 of the positions, no mismatches. We lack true bucket getters and have since 2018.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
They've gotten what their efforts earned. This record is no accident.
And I won't be pulling on anyone, whatever that means. Sure I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no.
Spell check must have caught you sometime in your life.
Did their effort earn that horrendous call? That is all I asked. Yes, theoretically, they. May have not win even if that call goes the right way, but will never know. And for what it's worth that was jackson putting in a lot of effort to get that terrible call. I'm not going to let that go unnoticed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
F u moron. Spell check must have caught you sometime in your life.
Did their effort earn that horrendous call? That is all I asked. Yes, theoretically, they. May have not win even if that call goes the right way, but will never know. And for what it's worth that was jackson putting in a lot of effort to get that terrible call. I'm not going to let that go unnoticed.

Their effort earned their record. Was that not clear enough?
It's OK. Blaming refs is like breathing for you. Someday, you'll see that it just doesn't matter for a team this bad.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

Hi Steve.

Please leave Ames forever. K, thx, bye

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

Agree. Just hope JP doesn't play the covid card. Steve has shown he's not the guy long before this season. The winless streak just makes it more obvious than what JP unfortunately would like to admit.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Prohm drew up one play in the past 3 years and was tonight...down 2 and was a 3 ball for a streaky shooter at best

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Hi Steve.

Please leave Ames forever. K, thx, bye
I'm not Steve you idiot and I'm not saying he should be retained. It is obvious that we don't presently have a coach that has the capability to produce a winning program. Everyone can see that. But where I draw the line is publically shitting all over the representatives of your school's team. These are young men and women, who I am fairly sure aren't trying to purposefully ruin your life through their lack of skill or execution. For the most part, they are playing their hearts out trying to win for themselves, their team, their school and the fans. And this is the thanks they get from some of us. I'm not sure how many of you who speak like this about these young people are parents, but if you are, shame on you. If you are not of that age yet or have not had kids, please grow up before you consider procreating.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Agree. Just hope JP doesn't play the covid card. Steve has shown he's not the guy long before this season. The winless streak just makes it more obvious than what JP unfortunately would like to admit.

Even if Jamie wanted to play the covid card to keep Steve, i think the way this season has been so uniquely bad kind of takes it out of his hands. Its one thing to have a bad season. Its another entirely to do it while being this bad where we are breaking records for how bad this season is every other night.

It also doesnt help that the record of the 3 prior years doesnt exactly sell hope for a 'return to normal after covid' if you wanted to play that card. When the 3 prior years were 10th, 5th, 9th, no one is going to be satisfied with "hey, give it another year and we'll be back where we were". Where we were pre-covid sucked.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Their effort earned their record. Was that not clear enough?
It's OK. Blaming refs is like breathing for you. Someday, you'll see that it just doesn't matter for a team this bad.
And saying that officials blowing major calls at important points in the game is nothing is like breathing for you. And....

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Even if Jamie wanted to play the covid card to keep Steve, i think the way this season has been so uniquely bad kind of takes it out of his hands. Its one thing to have a bad season. Its another entirely to do it while being this bad where we are breaking records for how bad this season is every other night.

It also doesnt help that the record of the 3 prior years doesnt exactly sell hope for a 'return to normal after covid' if you wanted to play that card. When the 3 prior years were 10th, 5th, 9th, no one is going to be satisfied with "hey, give it another year and we'll be back where we were". Where we were pre-covid sucked.

He'd have to find a unique way to spin chasing those consecutive loss records as a positive, or manage to make "can we run the table again" some sort of draw. I can't imagine that works.

But he does hate firing coaches, and he's cheap, so who knows? Maybe something about "real Cyclones don't bail on a struggling program" character pitch like some posters enjoy so much.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91