AP Poll prediction

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would be happy with this ranking for us tomorrow night. #13 ahead of #14 OU and #15 Georgia. what could be this year if we had shown up against ULL.. lets see how high we can finish this season..
That article has Breece with 1034 yards. I don't blame the author too much since the NCAA has for some reason not updated their stats page since 19 NOV. Breece has 1169 yards on the season for a per game average of 146.1 and 6.5 per carry. Fifteen rushing TDs ain't too shabby either.

I was okay with him sitting a good chunk of the second half for two reasons - get someone else (ahem...Brock) some carries and also no reason to tempt the fates and risk injury in a blowout win.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I don't think Northwestern scares anybody, nor should they. They aren't going to blow anyone out, and they probably aren't going to get blown out. They've been good at their strategy of the Fitzgerald era - give yourself a chance in the fourth quarter and try to make one more play than the other team to pull it out.
give yourself a chance in the fourth quarter...........who does that sound like????I'm waiting.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They are a decent team, but they got hyped due to beating top ten penn state who happens to be 0-5 now.

Agreed. Someone said they're a joke in another thread. I disagreed with that - I compared them to us from a year or two ago. They're certainly overrated, but they're not a joke.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Agreed. Someone said they're a joke in another thread. I disagreed with that - I compared them to us from a year or two ago. They're certainly overrated, but they're not a joke.

Id put them more around 15-20, where you usually see teams that are ranked because of record, not because of actually beating anyone good.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
BYU is not a top 10 team. Neither is Indiana.

And ND might be the worst #2 ranked team ever. Clemson will absolutely destroy them in their next game.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Busch__Latte

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

And ND might be the worst #2 ranked team ever. Clemson will absolutely destroy them in their next game.

Agree on Indiana and BYU. I don't think ND will get destroyed but Clemson should win with Sunshine back.
Georgia and Miami are also a couple of spots too high.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Espn power rankings has us behind BYU and Coastal. What a joke.

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

Why do you say that about ND? I haven't really followed them but I was very impressed with them and their youth when I was in FL watching them destroy us. To me I feel better that they are #2 considering how they dismantled us. But again, I haven't watched a full game of theirs this year.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm not sure this #2 Notre Dame team is worse than the #2 Notre Dame team that lost to Alabama in the BCS title game.

edit
Whoops just looked it up and ND was #1. My bad.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm not sure this #2 Notre Dame team is worse than the #2 Notre Dame team that lost to Alabama in the BCS title game.
From what I’ve seen this one is a lot better. Pretty balanced.
That being said Saban is all in on offense now, so it could still be a blowout.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron