Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I love Seneca but he wasn't clutch like Purdy

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Seneca was Mr. Clutch IMO. Had less to work with too. Jack Whitver was good, but he was no Lazard or Butler.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Seneca was Mr. Clutch IMO. Had less to work with too. Jack Whitver was good, but he was no Lazard or Butler.

Seneca's senior season they absolutely tanked. Do you not remember that? Seneca beat one ranked opponent in his two years. Purdy has beaten 3 in a year in a half.

I think you have selective memory plus Purdy never threw a pass to Lazard

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Slovis played. they beat at least 3 bowl eligible teams including Utah

Which of those games had that 3rd stringer play significant minutes? The one where you had to be concerned in the crowd because you might get hit with one of his targeted passes.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Which of those games had that 3rd stringer play significant minutes? The one where you had to be concerned in the crowd because you might get hit with one of his targeted passes.
You mean they game where they beat #11 Utah? Think he played pretty much all of that one. Went for over 300 yds and 3 tds. Slovis was hurt. That don't help your argument much.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You mean they game where they beat #11 Utah? Think he played pretty much all of that one. Went for over 300 yds and 3 tds. Slovis was hurt. That don't help your argument much.

So, one game. Marv Seiler beat top ten Nebraska. I guess you think he was a great qb.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Thanks for getting me curious, I looked up finks season stats. Outside that one game, he was very poor. He basically caught lightening in a bottle for one game and you want to deem him as this great qb, lol.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So, one game. Marv Seiler beat top ten Nebraska. I guess you think he was a great qb.
He also played in a loss at Washington. What the hell is your point? He had proven to be at least a fairly capable back-up. I never said he was great. Hey, I think Iowa St vs USC would've maybe been a great/entertaining match-up. I'm just not convinced ISU would've won it.

• Haha
Reactions: BCClone

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Football only otherwise Big Game Tae and Georges would be in the discussion

I'll go Purdy as the best with Wadley as the runner up. He made some big plays

To say Purdy is the most clutch in the states history is dumb. Chuck Long, Rob Houghtlin, and Keith Duncan have made more big plays under pressure then Purdy.