New Uniforms Revealed

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
I will get to that (making the shoulder # the same as main #). But I don't think it will look as good. I am going with the alternating color on the #'s because I like it. ;)

Just look at the post following yours, white #'s = too much KCChief vibe. What one likes, another does not. That's the way it is.

The white main # cardinal jersey is now my favorite (with the gold side #'s). If I made the entire jersey with white #'s I know I personally would not like it as well, too much white, not enough cardinal. That is my reasoning anyway. And same goes for the gold main #, white side #'s, in reverse. View attachment 73163 View attachment 73164
I'm not saying looking like the Chiefs would be a bad thing, there's certainly other schools who stole their jerseys from the NFL. I was just saying when I first saw the white numbers with yellow outlines I instantly thought of the Chiefs. Personally I really like the Chiefs look and I think it would give us a cleaner look than we currently have.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really like that! Now just need the numbers on the shoulder white too, and make the white stripe on pants a bit thicker too IMO.

Do any teams not match the shoulder numbers with the main numbers? It doesn't look right to me.
I acquiesce...
ISU Unis CampingWolrdBowl BCC BreeceHallMod22.jpg
Shoulder and main #'s are same, white w/ gold trim. I also widened the white stripe in the pant about as much as I am comfortable with (or what I think might win the powers that be without overdoing it).

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Do any teams not match the shoulder numbers with the main numbers? It doesn't look right to me.
No you are absolutely right, I don't think any teams do that.

I took that into consideration for sure. Yes it is a little different but why not push the envelope some? While it is unusual, I like the look of it and it seems to balance well with the other mods in this set. It is definitely not crazy radical. I also like to press new ideas. Some are pretty good, some not so much.;)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I still like this one better (today that is), white main #, gold side # with white trim. Wider white trim on the pant stripe (thanks @clonedude!).
ISU Unis CampingWolrdBowl BCC BreeceHallMod2.jpg

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really like that! Now just need the numbers on the shoulder white too, and make the white stripe on pants a bit thicker too IMO.

You guys are right. Matching numbers is best. Plus the pant stripe gives the added gold that it needs.

That's why I like this board. Criticism is sometimes hard, but in the end it is best. Two (or more) heads are better than one. ISU Unis CampingWolrdBowl BCC BreeceHallMod22.jpg Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
You guys are right. Matching numbers is best. Plus the pant stripe gives the added gold that it needs.

That's why I like this board. Criticism is sometimes hard, but in the end it is best. Two (or more) heads are better than one. View attachment 73248 Thanks for your input.

Either way, I think it's obvious we need some white in the home jerseys

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And modified gold number, added more white trim (and dark red/black trim) to bottom of numbers... This should be easy to do (as opposed to stitched numbers) as they design these #'s on computer (CAD/Photoshop) then print them off in stickers and iron them on. All #'s same color.

Either way, we need more white (and a little more dark red, gold and black trim) in the Home unis, which is what I'm trying to do. So far with these mods they look so much better IMO.
ISU Unis CampingWolrdBowl BCC BreeceHallMod21 1.jpg

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018

That's why I like this board. Criticism is sometimes hard, but in the end it is best. Two (or more) heads are better than one. View attachment 73248 Thanks for your input.
Just replace Auburn’s colors with ours ;)

Attachments

• AE8A0A88-2130-46B8-9892-CCF1E845A5F1.jpeg
    AE8A0A88-2130-46B8-9892-CCF1E845A5F1.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 26

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The gold numbers work well with this shoulder, and also look, match well in all cardinal c/c/c, if anyone wants to see. CyUni 2022 c9 Pnt7 Sh1d4 rwbY 28- w r w OrCyRtRdfceWR WtS.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I made two other white pant and helmet stripes. They are inverse of above. If anyone wants to see them let me know. :)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I still want to see us where the combination below that tnoah drew up a while back.

White helmet with regular cardinal and gold I-State logo, and black facemask. Black jersey, and white pants.

And then have the players wear cardinal shoes and gloves/wristbands. I think this has a chance to look really sweet.

isu-unins-wbw-mod1rediandaccent-jpg.72604

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
New Year = New Insight.

Last year, I bitched about the alternate uniforms - being a traditionalist (I grew up as an Alabama fan). HOWEVER, after going to all the games last year for the first time since 1994, I really enjoyed all of the combinations! The ONLY issue I have is that I would like a little cardinal and gold to be somewhere on the helmets. For example, the white helmets with the gold and white "I State" look sharp with the charcoal and black uniforms. Coming around though! Takes a little time for us oldies to get with the modern program!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I still want to see us where the combination below that tnoah drew up a while back.

White helmet with regular cardinal and gold I-State logo, and black facemask. Black jersey, and white pants.

And then have the players wear cardinal shoes and gloves/wristbands. I think this has a chance to look really sweet.

isu-unins-wbw-mod1rediandaccent-jpg.72604
Love this! I can live with the black jerseys since the helmet is still white with cardinal and gold!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron