All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Breaking news: A running back plays the running back position and does not in fact play the WR position.

You are acting like Hall is some incredible receiver, but the vast majority of his receiving yards come from catching dump off passes and checkdowns and turning them into big gains. Iowa actually sends Goodson out on passing routes, while obviously still using him for dump offs and check downs.

Iowa’s checkdowns and dumpoffs don’t work as well as Iowa State’s for a number of reasons (scheme, quality of defenses, etc.). That is the reason why Goodson’s receiving stats are not more impressive. But Goodson’s abilities as a receiver exceed Hall’s. Hall isn’t doing anything in terms of route running or pass catching that the vast majority of P5 running backs couldn’t do.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's using the same logic he did when he told us all last summer than Nate Stanley was better than Brock Purdy. We saw how that panned out
He wants us to be impressed with Goodson having 15 rushing yards against Michigan, 26 against Wisconsin, and 35 with a fumble against Penn State.

Using this guy's logic, Toren Young was better than Breece as well because he had more ypc against top-40 defenses.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You are acting like Hall is some incredible receiver, but the vast majority of his receiving yards come from catching dump off passes and checkdowns and turning them into big gains. Iowa actually sends Goodson out on passing routes, while obviously still using him for dump offs and check downs.

Iowa’s checkdowns and dumpoffs don’t work as well as Iowa State’s for a number of reasons (scheme, quality of defenses, etc.). That is the reason why Goodson’s receiving stats are not more impressive. But Goodson’s abilities as a receiver exceed Hall’s. Hall isn’t doing anything in terms of route running or pass catching that the vast majority of P5 running backs couldn’t do.
He's not an incredible receiver? No one said that lol he's a pretty good receiving running back though.. Breece had more receiving yards and ypc than JK Dobbins did this past year. He's pretty good.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He wants us to be impressed with Goodson having 15 rushing yards against Michigan, 26 against Wisconsin, and 35 with a fumble against Penn State.

Using this guy's logic, Toren Young was better than Breece as well because he had more ypc against top-40 defenses.
He hates everything Iowa State so much more that he just ignores facts. Sad to watch

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haha OMFG this is great. Stats are tangible facts. Accolades are subjective opinions based on the person(s) awarding that accolades.

The stats (you know, those tangible facts you are so obsessed with) show that Goodson and Hall had the same yards per carry average. I’m sorry you don’t like them, but those are the FACTS.

This is funny because you're saying receiving stats don't matter now

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
He's not an incredible receiver? No one said that lol he's a pretty good receiving running back though.. Breece had more receiving yards and ypc than JK Dobbins did this past year. He's pretty good.

You are such a homer dude. You have to look at how the players are used in their team’s respective schemes. Hall catches dump offs and check downs. Almost any P5 RB could do that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You are such a homer dude. You have to look at how the players are used in their team’s respective schemes. Hall catches dump offs and check downs. Almost any P5 RB could do that.
You think a running back on your favorite team is better than another on the basis of one single cherry picked stat that doesn't have complete data, and you have the audacity to call me a homer? Lol find me one single article written from the end of last year or this year that has Tyler Goodson listed / ranked better than Breece Hall is. Just one. I urge you to do it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Big XII defense and a ton of touches, so I would expect a lot of forced missed tackles.

Good players get more touches. Hall wouldn't be splitting touches with Sargent and Young lol. Goodson is too small and slow to get used very much

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You think a running back on your favorite team is better than another on the basis of one single cherry picked stat that doesn't have complete data, and you have the audacity to call me a homer? Lol find me one single article written from the end of last year or this year that has Tyler Goodson listed / ranked better than Breece Hall is. Just one. I urge you to do it.

Those are opinions though. Stats are the facts (unless it's about receiving, touchdowns, breaking tackles, etc)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Big XII defense and a ton of touches, so I would expect a lot of forced missed tackles.
So now your entire argument is based on the fact that the Big 12 defenses are bad, so therefore there can't be any good players in the Big 12 on offense?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Those are opinions though. Stats are the facts (unless it's about receiving, touchdowns, breaking tackles, etc)
Well just throw the Heisman trophy out the window. That's just an opinionated award too.

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So now your entire argument is based on the fact that the Big 12 defenses are bad, so therefore there can't be any good players in the Big 12 on offense?

He said Stanley was better than Purdy for this very reason. He's such a homer he doesn't even make sense

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

And you think a RB on your favorite team is better on the basis of him racking up stats against some of the worst P5 defenses in the country.

And “articles” about each player don’t mean squat. There were a ton of articles talking about how good Mike Warren was after his freshman season, too. Even some national writers saying he could rush for 2,000 yards in a season. We all know how that one worked out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron