Iowa Football Recruiting

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I don't think Iowa should get kicked out of the NCAA but they should face some penalties. Loss of scholarships, no bowl appearances for a few years, etc
This message board is the absolute only place that has been discussed. This is your Christmas wish list.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Maybe ISU doesn't need the Iowa game to be "relevant"? Remind me who ISU played when ESPN rolled into town with College Gameday.

And every single ISU fan I know would have rather played Texas or OU (or any other team in the country) instead of Iowa for College GameDay.

First off.... the majority of Iowa fans are total d-bags. The entire country knows that. There have been polls on that.

And second.... one thing you can guarantee every time we play Iowa in Jack Trice is that Gary Barta is going to come out to the national media afterwards and whine that ISU treated them poorly somehow.

IMO, it isn't worth bringing Iowa in and having to deal with Barta's stupid allegetions every time..... and now since we know they've been running a racist program for almost 20 years, why should we let them come to our stadium named after Jack Trice??

Just think how hypocritical it's been for Barta over the years to be throwing allegations at ISU while his program is a racist disaster. Unreal.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
This is a fallacy that only Iowa fans create. If the CyHawk game ends ISU has a ton of teams in the region that they could add for a home and home that would have plenty of interest (Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois). Iowa on the other hand is pretty limited, sure you might possibly get ND to play you in Chicago or Indy once, but after that you look around and the cupboard is pretty dry. The bridge has been burned with Missouri and Iowa didn’t sellout the last time they played Pitt, so congrats to the Hawks in their upcoming home and home series with Kansas and Kansas State.
All of the teams you mentioned have interest? Why hasn't JP ever scheduled them?