Kicker transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If the prior S&C staff was using resources on our kicker's bench press numbers it would explain their firing.
I know this is a joke, but you had better make sure that your kickers are strengthening their whole lower body or you are going to have injuries. I would say for their safety in tackling and absorbing blocks they should be working on their whole body, but more importantly imbalance in the lower body can result in a higher risk of non-contact injuries especially in the kicking motion and follow through.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know this is a joke, but you had better make sure that your kickers are strengthening their whole lower body or you are going to have injuries. I would say for their safety in tackling and absorbing blocks they should be working on their whole body, but more importantly imbalance in the lower body can result in a higher risk of non-contact injuries especially in the kicking motion and follow through.

I'm sure this is all true. I just found it funny within the context of that tweet, as though his bench/squat numbers would play much of a factor in his transfer prospects.