Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Brents sat out the year due to injury. He started games as a true FR in 2018. Belton was a true freshman that ended up being a starter by the end of the season. He played sparingly until the about the 7th game of the year. Merriweather might win has job back at FS over Koerner. Who knows? He won the starting job last fall and was injured prior to the ISU game and ended up redshirting

Gotcha. So Benji saying those three are better than two All Conference guys was incredibly stupid. Thanks for the info

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Premium board stuff. They have been reporting for awhile now the 4 targets are Brecht, Bell, Bruce and Johnson. They didn't say why or what was going on with Noel, just that the 4 target were those guys. Iowa has offers out to 9 WR who aren't committed, you aren't freaking out that I'm basically saying they moved on from 5 of them, and Noel is in that group.

So Iowa moved on from him in two months with no commitments at his position? Lol yeah that sounds like it wasn't their choice

Noel is a stud. I think he ends up at Nebraska unfortunately

As I tried to tell you last week, Iowa is only after 4 WR. Bruce, Brecht, Johnson and Bell. You said that post was funny, but it was actually 1000% spot on. Bruce is in the fold, Brecht and Johnson are committing this week it sounds like. The only question left is will Iowa also take Bell, or they only taking 3 WR.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
iahawks said:
How is CMC's 21 class looking so far? Are there going to be any commits that ISU is in the lead for coming up to be excited about?

CyTwins said: Bruce

Swing and a Miss

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
When did he collapse?

ISU was a projected top 15 team last year, and Twins said ISU would win a MINIMUM of 8 games if Purdy stayed healthy. It was tough watching CMC underperform so badly last year. Hopefully he doesn't repeat that this year. The new floor is top 10 team and minimum of 9 wins with a Big12 championship game appearance predicted by Twins.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
As I tried to tell you last week, Iowa is only after 4 WR. Bruce, Brecht, Johnson and Bell. You said that post was funny, but it was actually 1000% spot on. Bruce is in the fold, Brecht and Johnson are committing this week it sounds like. The only question left is will Iowa also take Bell, or they only taking 3 WR.
I'm just gonna say this now...

Congratulations on Brecht, he's a great pickup for you guys and I wanted him to be a clone. He had me go to Ankeny games when I root for Dowling Catholic (I like catholic schools, don't hate me).

However, don't act like this wasn't all, but a done deal from the beginning. I'm surprised it lasted this long to be honest. I've chatted with him a bit; he's a hok through and through.

Don't waste his talent.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
What is with all the love for a 5 win TCU team having 3 draft picks? Congrats to the ISU Horned Frogs I guess.

I was making a point about how stupid it is to compare how good a team is by draft picks, but that guy never seemed to understand what I was getting it. But at least he complimented himself lol.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
ISU was a projected top 15 team last year, and Twins said ISU would win a MINIMUM of 8 games if Purdy stayed healthy. It was tough watching CMC underperform so badly last year. Hopefully he doesn't repeat that this year. The new floor is top 10 team and minimum of 9 wins with a Big12 championship game appearance predicted by Twins.
Purdy wasn't healthy

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Purdy wasn't healthy

LOL, every QB plays through bumps and bruises, not one of them is "healthy" after the first game. Purdy didn't miss any games, he was as healthy as every other starter out there. Unless you are saying CMC was playing a hurt Purdy putting his health in jeopardy?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
iahawks said:
How is CMC's 21 class looking so far? Are there going to be any commits that ISU is in the lead for coming up to be excited about?

CyTwins said: Bruce

Swing and a Miss

Twins’ “source” has been off lately. He said Iowa isn’t getting Davidkov either. Been a tough month or so for Twins but he is sticking with his modis operandi.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron