Luke Anderson and Marcedus Leech have entered the transfer portal

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I mean the simple solution is to take kids you arent going to cut a day before the season starts if that's the case.

Yeah, I dont know, I understand what you are saying, but if they just dont have the talent to compete at this level might as well give them a chance to go somewhere where they can compete, no need to waste a bunch of time riding the bench for no reason.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is wilfully overlooking a bunch of information or complete ignorance.

I'm not going to outline my point again, but this staff is missing badly on too many people. That's the jist. Of course there are outliers. There always are in any system.
3 players from last year's team are in the NBA, two of them were under-classmen. Another player this year is being listed as being a first round draft pick this upcoming draft, also an under-classmen.. but he's missing on players?

Sometimes it's not the right fit. These guys were obviously going to be buried this year on the depth chart and Prohm is bringing in players at their position and still recruiting players at their positions. I'm not saying they're taking the easy way out, but I'm guessing the decision they are making is based on the fact that they would have a better chance of getting playing time somewhere else.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I'm not going to outline my point again, but this staff is missing badly on too many people. That's the jist. Of course there are outliers. There always are in any system.

I am getting real sick of the negative nancies on here making every thread into a "Prohm sucks" one. You people would have shot yourselves in the McD era.

That being said, remember these guys?

Calvin Godfrey
Jordan Railey
Percy Gibson
Tavon Sledge
Nkereuwem Okoro
Sherron Dorsey-Walker
Georgios Tsalmpouris

Great players. Sure miss 'em. Fred never missed on freshmen.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames

giphy.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Yeah, putting Wigginton on that list was interesting.

Putting a roster together is messy and missing badly happens. For example, Fred ****** up badly with KJ Buford and even Edozie, ultimately costing us Armardi. But as long as you have 6 or 7 good Big 12 players, it’s largely good enough. That didn’t happen in 2017-18, as we paid for misses. Hopefully that’s not the case this year, and we can afford to have two misses in this past class. A big part of that rests on Nixon being worthy of a two for one imo.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am getting real sick of the negative nancies on here making every thread into a "Prohm sucks" one. You people would have shot yourselves in the McD era.

Calvin Godfrey
Jordan Railey
Percy Gibson
Tavon Sledge
Nkereuwem Okoro
Sherron Dorsey-Walker
Georgios Tsalmpouris

Sure, but you have to admit those were great sounding names for basketball. ;)

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

Calvin Godfrey
Jordan Railey
Percy Gibson
Tavon Sledge
Nkereuwem Okoro
Sherron Dorsey-Walker
Georgios Tsalmpouris

I agree with this. Fred missed on a lot of freshmen too and that was frustrating as well.

The difference between him and Prohm is Fred's staff was bringing in very high level transfers and the results bore it. Prohm and staff are bring in Hans f***ing Brase types (please don't make me list all of the bad transfers he's had)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Correct, and Prohm would admit it. But he's not going to hit on 100% of his recruits. It's better to move on now, than have them ride the bench and take up scholarships for 2 or 3 more years.
I was answering a question. My answer was 100% correct and without editorializing.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Hawkeye Nation is claiming this is a bad look for Prohm having two guys transfer before the season starts. Pack it up folks, the jury is out. Xavier Foster to UNC, Dubar to Kansas.

• Funny
Reactions: ianoconnor

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I agree with this. Fred missed on a lot of freshmen too and that was frustrating as well.

The difference between him and Prohm is Fred's staff was bringing in very high level transfers and the results bore it. Prohm and staff are bring in Hans f***ing Brase types (please don't make me list all of the bad transfers he's had)

jacobson and shayok. And probably Bolton are plenty good.

fred brought in some bad transfers too...the tiny kid from Nebraska and Edozie come to mind.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
I dont care that they left. But Prohm continues to whiff on big men. I’ve pointed this out before and everyone had some reason why i was wrong

He’s hit on some (solo, Jacobson, maybe Conditt) but he’s been wrong... really wrong... on more than a few now.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Prohm transfers always suck.

usatsi_12132733.jpg

Iowa-St-Kansas-Basket-560x840.jpg

There are four good ones right there.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I think the prevalence of transfers has complicated recruiting in all aspects, including recruiting freshmen. Not saying transfers are bad, just saying that it (along with the one and dones) makes putting a roster together quite difficult.