Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
That may be the stupidest comment ever. Great troll posting I'll give you that.

Per Sagarin:
Minnesota is 32. One spot ahead of Appalachian State....
Teams ahead of them inside the top 25 not ranked by your 'unbiased AP poll (Big 12 related): Okie State and ISU. Heck, TCU is even ahead of Minnesota

But yea, sure, keep believing Minnesota is a top 25 team lol
You should notify AP voters of your findings.

As a footnote: Sagarin had Iowa as the #10 team in the nation at the end of last year. Do you think Iowa was the 10th best team?

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I see none of the Hawk trolls want to answer the question I posed about the Bigs performance in the non-con. Interesting. Hard to argue against facts. Your conference did poorly just like they normally do most bowl seasons.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I see none of the Hawk trolls want to answer the question I posed about the Bigs performance in the non-con. Interesting. Hard to argue against facts. Your conference did poorly just like they normally do most bowl seasons.

Big 10 West is 8-1 the last two bowl seasons.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Easy to throw rocks because the BIG 12 North no longer exists. Possibly the worst P5 conference division that has ever existed.
Fake News.

There was a period of several years when Colorado, Nebby, and KSt or Mizzou(!) were top10/top25 teams. The North was dominant vs the South from the mid 90s to the early 2000s.

Now, by the mid 2000s, yeah the North fell apart. But it wasn't ALWAYS that way, depsite what people remember...

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_12_Conference_football_standings>

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Fake News.

There was a period of several years when Colorado, Nebby, and KSt or Mizzou(!) were top10/top25 teams. The North was dominant vs the South from the mid 90s to the early 2000s.

Now, by the mid 2000s, yeah the North fell apart. But it wasn't ALWAYS that way, depsite what people remember...

he isn’t smart enough to be honest. He only knows the dogma that the jerk off insecure hawk fan has created to pretend that they’re actually relevant

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Fake News.

I agree. And, yeah, the fact that a Hok fan would NOT remember that period of history is surprising. You'd think the mid-90s would be etched in their brains - most of them are in a constant state of Fry-era delusion.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Fake News.

If you add it all up, the North finished with 27 ranked teams, the South finished with 35 ranked teams. It's a closer gap than I would have imagined. If you look at a year by year basis it looks like once OU hired Bob Stoops and he got his players in, the tides started to turn.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just using @CyTwins verbage. Sorry....
We've already got into this, but I don't think anyone here was claiming the Big 12 was going to be anything special and would probably have around 3-4 teams rated during the year. Minnesota is 3-0 in the Big 10 right now because they've played teams equivalent to the freaking Little Giants. All three of those teams being from the Big 10 West.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We've already got into this, but I don't think anyone here was claiming the Big 12 was going to be anything special and would probably have around 3-4 teams rated during the year. Minnesota is 3-0 in the Big 10 right now because they've played teams equivalent to the freaking Little Giants. All three of those teams being from the Big 10 West.

As usual the Big 10 is so freaking watered down that there will always be a "Minnesota" most years.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
As usual the Big 10 is so freaking watered down that there will always be a "Minnesota" most years.
The Big 10 this year is basically the same as every other year, with Minnesota and Northwestern flipping. Minnesota also needs to be taken with a grain of salt right now.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The Big 10 this year is basically the same as every other year, with Minnesota and Northwestern flipping. Minnesota also needs to be taken with a grain of salt right now.

Agreed. If Minnesota goes into Kinnick and wins convincingly and beats Wisconsin, then more power to them.

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agreed. If Minnesota goes into Kinnick and wins convincingly and beats Wisconsin, then more power to them.
I think if Minnesota wins 1 out of the three of PSU, Iowa, and Wiscy, they are a real solid team. If they win two they are really really good. If they win 3 then they are in the Big 10 title game with potential to make the playoff (which I absolutely do not see happening). Lol

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and mj4cy

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts

Yeah, even in their fakest ID year Iowa beat Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road (I think). To reach that level of faux-competitiveness, the Gophs would have to at least match wins like that. Doubtful.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
True but a similar argument could be made with Baylor. Baylor's SOS is weaker than Minnesota's.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron