Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I just can't believe he came out and said Iowa will be worse this year than last year

I know this is designed to generate the next round of battles. But he didn’t really say they’d be worse.

He just told them to think about what they were saying.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah I totally expect Iowa with their roster turnover to be playing good basketball early in the season

Remind me. Is Jorbo out for the year? If I were him I'd want a reason to not want to play for Mad Fran.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah he won't play next year, might not play for Iowa again actually

Beyond being a hawkeye, I didn't hate him because he had passion for the game and his school. However, whlie he wasn't amazing, the loss of his experience will hurt them more than they think.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
The starting lineup of:

Connor
Fredrick
Wieskamp
Pemsl
Garza

Vs

Beard

Will be fantastic

I will bet Fran is getting some every night from maggie. Accidentally or otherwise, he has insured that Connor will get maximum minutes. All she really wanted.

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Beyond being a hawkeye, I didn't hate him because he had passion for the game and his school. However, whlie he wasn't amazing, the loss of his experience will hurt them more than they think.

You might end up liking him if the rumors are true

• Optimistic
Reactions: mj4cy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I like it. Get them early in the season and have a chance for an upset. If not, it can only help your SOS.

No real downside, plus Tech lost a ton, they might not be hitting on all cylinders by then. Probably the best time to catch them.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I heard they will announce him done for the season a week before the Iowa State game. Then, out of nowhere, he'll try to give it a go in Ames. The third installment of the Rudy series won't go like 2018.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The starting lineup of:

Connor
Fredrick
Wieskamp
Pemsl
Garza

Vs

Beard

Will be fantastic
That starting 5 is laughable. Even if you'd put in their transfer at the 1, Connor will still start at the 2 or 3.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I actually think people are way overrating Tech right now. Beard is a great coach but the guys they are returning have only been role guys and it’s tough for freshman to play as efficiently in Beard’s system as he wants.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I actually think people are way overrating Tech right now. Beard is a great coach but the guys they are returning have only been role guys and it’s tough for freshman to play as efficiently in Beard’s system as he wants.

They'll be young with the 7 freshmen but their starting lineup will still have decent experience when you factor in key transfer additions in Chris Clarke and TJ Holyfield. Maybe not continuity though.

Jahmi'us Ramsey is their NBA talent. Potential 1 and done.

I think their starting 5 will be Ramsey (true Frosh), Moretti (Junior), Kyler Edwards (Sophomore), Clarke (Senior), and Holyfield (Senior). On paper they're a little thin in the front court.

Valid point though on role players having to expand their games.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron