Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
For your reading enjoyment or head scratching, as the case may be, this link to today's "Now I Know" archive item that pertains to graham crackers. The inventor seemed to think that a vegetarian diet would inhibit sexual activity and lustful behavior.

Just musing: if the masses at the time had taken to this diet, would any of us be here now?
https://nowiknow.com/the-curious-history-of-graham-crackers-and-corn-flakes/

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
Moving the oldest to ISU today. What is the structure that’s just south of JTS? It’s like a three-legged white “dome” with some tan brick walls surrounding it.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
we basically just got rid of a tv that did the same thing. DH thinks one of the control boards went out on our 7 year old one. This was back last August. We had gotten a new one (because it happened literally the Friday before he went back to work and I was like oh no you don't leave me tv-less with a newborn - turns out I rarely watched, oh well) and he thought he'd find time to fix the old one because as you say, not too much time/effort involved. We get to June and I'm starting to party prep and wanted the spare bedroom cleared out.........he hasn't done anything toward fixing the tv. So I said I was going to post it as free if someone would come and get it. Three takers in the first hour.
It was amazing how fast some of those listings went. Some of them I replied within a half hour and they were already sold.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Moving the oldest to ISU today. What is the structure that’s just south of JTS? It’s like a three-legged white “dome” with some tan brick walls surrounding it.
By "just south" do you adjacent to the stadium on the south? That would probably be part of the Reiman Plaza that was added as part of the whole SEZ & Reiman Gardens expansion. I have not seen it since last December and it wasn't finished so I don't know what it looks like.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Same here. Some of my co-workers like Firefox but it seems to work like crap for me.
Firefox has been my go-to ever since Navigator died. I despise IE & Edge; Bing is an obnoxious POS that hot-links every other word, making scrolling on your touch screen problematic; Chrome is okay, but I'm fluent in Firefox and don't really want to switch unless forced to.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Firefox has been my go-to ever since Navigator died. I despise IE & Edge; Bing is an obnoxious POS that hot-links every other word, making scrolling on your touch screen problematic; Chrome is okay, but I'm fluent in Firefox and don't really want to switch unless forced to.
I hate the way Bing has to package so much of the results in their page so they can put their advertising around it. It makes the results cumbersome to actually use.

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
By "just south" do you adjacent to the stadium on the south? That would probably be part of the Reiman Plaza that was added as part of the whole SEZ & Reiman Gardens expansion. I have not seen it since last December and it wasn't finished so I don't know what it looks like.
That must be it. Thanks!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
For your reading enjoyment or head scratching, as the case may be, this link to today's "Now I Know" archive item that pertains to graham crackers. The inventor seemed to think that a vegetarian diet would inhibit sexual activity and lustful behavior.

Just musing: if the masses at the time had taken to this diet, would any of us be here now?
https://nowiknow.com/the-curious-history-of-graham-crackers-and-corn-flakes/

This is your rebuttal to the Steve King/rape/incest theory.

/jimlad

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I was a Firefox devotee for quite awhile. (I loath IE.) But I too think Chrome is superior, mostly because it seems to protect me better against spyware and pop-ups. Although I owe a tip of the cap to @CycloneErik for recommending AdBlock Plus.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I didn't even know there was a Garbage Pail Kids movie, but apparently there was in 1987, and it's on Comet channel right now.

I don't even think it's supposed to be a horror movie but it is pretty creepy.

upload_2019-8-20_15-45-6.jpeg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I didn't even know there was a Garbage Pail Kids movie, but apparently there was in 1987, and it's on Comet channel right now.

I don't even think it's supposed to be a horror movie but it is pretty creepy.

View attachment 65781
This is funny. They had a Cabbage Patch doll at one of the State Fair exhibits. My daughter saw it and said she remembered having one when she was younger - she got it from her cousins - and she thought that thing was creepy as hell.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's even worse out now than what I posted a couple of hours ago. Stopped at grocery store and saw 2 kids wearing hoodies. One even had the hood pulled up. Wtf???

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.