Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Last week I bought a 55" 4k TV and a mini fridge for $25 and a case of beer.

That story is a lot cooler before I say that the TV doesn't work. It was working perfectly until one day it just wouldn't turn on. I saw it listed on the Facebook Marketplace and just out of curiosity started googling what it would take to fix a TV like that. Turns out you can buy all of the boards, which is everything the TV needs to run except the screen, for about $60 and it would take about a half hour of work. So in theory I could have a 55" 4k TV with all new parts for less than $100. Met the guy in the parking lot of a school in Sioux Falls and made the deal. DND. Then I got to spend the rest of the evening with the GF so it was totally worth the 2 hour drive one way on a Wednesday even without the TV. We'll see how much I'm overestimating my abilities to fix things but if it doesn't work I'm not out much in the end.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boxster just found you a possible date, Jeannie Rice, 71, just ran the Akron 1/2 marathon in 1:37:07. That's all I know about her she's good at running. You've got to do the rest of the google stalking yourself.

Too fit and too fast!

And, just saw a text from yesterday (not sure how I missed it) from one of the neighborhood gals asking me if i wanted to bike late yesterday. Never biked with her because she's one of the 20 mph plus gang. She did say slow roll with a beer stop but for her that's like 16 mph, fast for me. Anyway, bummer I missed the text but I think I was not in shape to ride yesterday after too much party Saturday.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Too fit and too fast!

And, just saw a text from yesterday (not sure how I missed it) from one of the neighborhood gals asking me if i wanted to bike late yesterday. Never biked with her because she's one of the 20 mph plus gang. She did say slow roll with a beer stop but for her that's like 16 mph, fast for me. Anyway, bummer I missed the text but I think I was not in shape to ride yesterday after too much party Saturday.

That slow ride sounds kind of fun. Depending on the distance.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

That story is a lot cooler before I say that the TV doesn't work. It was working perfectly until one day it just wouldn't turn on. I saw it listed on the Facebook Marketplace and just out of curiosity started googling what it would take to fix a TV like that. Turns out you can buy all of the boards, which is everything the TV needs to run except the screen, for about $60 and it would take about a half hour of work. So in theory I could have a 55" 4k TV with all new parts for less than $100. Met the guy in the parking lot of a school in Sioux Falls and made the deal. DND. Then I got to spend the rest of the evening with the GF so it was totally worth the 2 hour drive one way on a Wednesday even without the TV. We'll see how much I'm overestimating my abilities to fix things but if it doesn't work I'm not out much in the end.

This TV salesman didn’t remind you that stalker did he? Made you a deal so he could get you to take a gps locator home with you.

• Funny
Reactions: RunninMan and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My lawn desperately needed to be mowed so I got that done last night. 88 degrees with a dew point of 74, yuck. Today is supposed to be even worse so I figured I better get it done. Then storms are supposed to roll in tonight and cool things off.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Every cell this year either goes north or south of us. I WANT A STORM!!!!

We got some hail the other night that was close to meeting severe criteria. On the north side of CR we have only received maybe a half inch thus far today but the south side is well over an inch. Keystone is claiming 3.72 but I am skeptical of that.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Too fit and too fast!

Well, I hope you apologized and asked for a rain check.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

we basically just got rid of a tv that did the same thing. DH thinks one of the control boards went out on our 7 year old one. This was back last August. We had gotten a new one (because it happened literally the Friday before he went back to work and I was like oh no you don't leave me tv-less with a newborn - turns out I rarely watched, oh well) and he thought he'd find time to fix the old one because as you say, not too much time/effort involved. We get to June and I'm starting to party prep and wanted the spare bedroom cleared out.........he hasn't done anything toward fixing the tv. So I said I was going to post it as free if someone would come and get it. Three takers in the first hour.

Reactions: RunninMan

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Had a Microsoft update this weekend. I seemed to take about 3 hours total to install and reboot. This update also has the complete rewrite of the Edge internet browser.
Edge sucks just as bad as it did before the update.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Every cell this year either goes north or south of us. I WANT A STORM!!!!

Was struggling earlier to stay asleep with bright sun shining in my eyes than it when to "Who turned the lights outs?" Not looking like a bike day. One nice big old ground strike in Teddy Wirth Park next door. This is one of those unplug the laptop storms. But just rain and booms booms, not bad wind. Need this to maybe catch 1882 as the wettest Twin Cities year on record, currently #2 and trailing by approximately 2".

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I feel like doing absolutely nothing this morning. Today is going to blow.
Are you moving your son today? I know my daughter's close friend that's going to ISU moves in today. We're leaving this afternoon for the big move tomorrow.

Also, did you move Mom yesterday or is that what you have going on today?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Was struggling earlier to stay asleep with bright sun shining in my eyes than it when to "Who turned the lights outs?" Not looking like a bike day. One nice big old ground strike in Teddy Wirth Park next door. This is one of those unplug the laptop storms. But just rain and booms booms, not bad wind. Need this to maybe catch 1882 as the wettest Twin Cities year on record, currently #2 and trailing by approximately 2".

Driest summer here in awhile and you guys are needing to build an ark. Mother nature is weird sometimes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Had a Microsoft update this weekend. I seemed to take about 3 hours total to install and reboot. This update also has the complete rewrite of the Edge internet browser.
Edge sucks just as bad as it did before the update.
Same...damned think took forEVER!!!
Also, you actually use Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.