Stubhub Fees

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Do the prices seem like they include fees? Or is it similar to others in terms of "ticket price".

When you list them it builds in the fee cost. So you say you want to sell them for $X and it tells you the listed price will be X+Y so you can gauge from there.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
You were right about one thing though, the OP was complaining. Also, it wasn't an attempted insult, it was a full on insult. Nice try though.

I was not complaining. I looked at Stubhub to get an idea of what to price some tickets at and was amazed at their fees.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
This is simple stuff guys.

They all have fees, it's just a matter of whether they show you the price with them or as a no-fee total.

Just shop them all and get the best tickets for the lowest total price. It's hard to believe that most of you have a college education.
I understand how works very well, thank you very much. :) I just prefer buying and selling on the StubHub platform.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I have a dumb question- how do tickets to ISU sporting events end up with brokers? Also, if you're an ISU fan, why wouldn't you just buy them through ISU, assuming the price is at least close?

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
I have a dumb question- how do tickets to ISU sporting events end up with brokers? Also, if you're an ISU fan, why wouldn't you just buy them through ISU, assuming the price is at least close?

Of course everyone is going to buy through isu if it’s cheaper. People are going to use the secondary market because it’s either cheaper or the type of seats they’re looking for are sold out. Generally late season games you will get cheaper on stubhub then through ISU.

The brokers/resellers buy the tickets from isu or off the secondary market.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I am guessing they buy season tickets or discounted group tickets, then re-sell them at market price.

I legitimately think there is a group of people (especially younger) that don't understand that Iowa State has a ticket office that sells tickets. They instantly go to a secondary market.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
If anyone wants to sit in the SEZ for the Hok game they are listed for $1300+ on stubhub o_O

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
2/4 times I've done this the buyer backed out.
I was thinking the same thing, then when I used PayPal, I got hit with a $40 fee. Unless you meet up in person, there's no way around all the fees these days...

PayPal is like 3%. Complaining about $40 on a $1,300 + transaction is kind of sad. If you don’t want to pay a fee do the work and meet them in person. It’s incredibly annoying when people complain about someone charging them for the use of their services.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
PayPal is like 3%. Complaining about $40 on a $1,300 + transaction is kind of sad. If you don’t want to pay a fee do the work and meet them in person. It’s incredibly annoying when people complain about someone charging them for the use of their services.

You obviously can get around it by doing the friends and family but if I were buying no way would I do that. You forfeit buyer protection doing that.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

Wow, I was just making a comment about not being able to avoid fees these days. It's strange that you took it so personally...

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron