Iowa Football Recruiting

smoot27

Sep 8, 2011
It outside of the box but who knows. I also thought Iowa carrying two scholarship punters was stupid, but ISU could use a second scholly punter right now.

It's becoming more commonplace even in the NFL.

Per the Detroit Free Press:
I know a lot has been made of the Lions using more two tight end sets this year, but the way they’re rolling personnel onto the field in practice, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Lions play with three tight ends on the field at times this fall. And I don’t just mean in goal-line or short-yardage situations.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It's becoming more commonplace even in the NFL.

Per the Detroit Free Press:
I know a lot has been made of the Lions using more two tight end sets this year, but the way they’re rolling personnel onto the field in practice, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Lions play with three tight ends on the field at times this fall. And I don’t just mean in goal-line or short-yardage situations.

The Lions are lousy. What other teams are doing it?

smoot27

Sep 8, 2011
The Lions are lousy. What other teams are doing it?

Does this count?

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots have always been known to think outside the box when it comes to game-planning, and it seems this year they're already toying with a new idea that could wreak havoc on defenses.

According to Providence Journal's Brian MacPherson, the Patriots are experimenting more with four-tight-end formations on offense, and it could become part of their regular schemes this season.

The Patriots ran this kind of lineup twice in their season opener against the Steelers and scored touchdowns on both occasions.

• Informative
Reactions: IASTATE07

smoot27

Sep 8, 2011
Does this count?

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots have always been known to think outside the box when it comes to game-planning, and it seems this year they're already toying with a new idea that could wreak havoc on defenses.

According to Providence Journal's Brian MacPherson, the Patriots are experimenting more with four-tight-end formations on offense, and it could become part of their regular schemes this season.

The Patriots ran this kind of lineup twice in their season opener against the Steelers and scored touchdowns on both occasions.

The four-tight end look has been successful for them so far, and can continue to be successful even when LaFell returns to the lineup.

The personnel grouping makes perfect sense at the goal line in the passing game, where the windows will be much smaller due to the confined space between the goal line and the back of the end zone. Any defense is going to have a difficult time matching up against three tight ends that all stand 6'6" or taller (Rob Gronkowski, Scott Chandler and Michael Williams) and one more who is 6'4" (Michael Hoomanawanui).

All Brady has to do is find the best matchup and make the defense pay.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This doesn't really make much sense.

First of all, Iowa has taken 4 TEs the last 2 years. Logan Lee moved to defensive end and is already drawing comparisons to Matt Roth.

Secondly, look at the types of TEs Iowa has recruited. LaPorta was a two time all state wide receiver. Miamen, Yelverton and Lachey all lined up extensively on the outside. They are more hybrid WR/TE variety than typical inline tight ends.

I see it as little difference than the debate about whether Allen Lazard should be a wide receiver or tight end. Call these guys what you want. The bottom line is all 4 of them can line up all over the field; outside, slot or inline, and catch the ball.

With 22-24 recruits per year, taking an average of 2 tight ends per class does not place strain on other positions, especially for a team that will use 2 TE packages extensively.

The bottomline is that whoever win the QB job in 2021-22 for Iowa is going to have a lot of weapons at his disposal.

Hey look it’s the fake grad student on their 5th or more profile.

Jesus dexter, give your son some chores or something.

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019

So CMC copies Ohio State by refusing to call Iowa anything but the Team Out East. Then he copied the countdown clock. My guess is CMC will copy the golden pants charms the Buckeyes give to the players when they beat Michigan.

He needs to find some way to get the players to care about the game as much as the fan base does. I mean look at this thread, 27,000 posts about Iowa recruiting. Where is the same thread about Baylor or Texas or OU?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So CMC copies Ohio State by refusing to call Iowa anything but the Team Out East. Then he copied the countdown clock. My guess is CMC will copy the golden pants charms the Buckeyes give to the players when they beat Michigan.

He needs to find some way to get the players to care about the game as much as the fan base does. I mean look at this thread, 27,000 posts about Iowa recruiting. Where is the same thread about Baylor or Texas or OU?
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron