Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Regardless of wherever the kid goes to catch footballs, my original intent was (as with many of my posts) to provoke a visceral response from the low-lifes at ToE. I succeeded.

Wow they really use terms like “Baby Brother” when describing Iowa... my one visit over there will have to be my last

Still a stupid post.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
CyTwins is going a bit overboard here.... Dude was a top 300 player out of HS. If he wants to come here I wouldn't have an issue with it. Load up on talent as much as you can. Oh, and yeah his stats weren't great. Michigan hasn't had a 1,000 yard receiver since 2013. Not like they are using receivers a lot.

You realize we passed on him out of High school right?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You realize we passed on him out of High school right?
Yeah I'm assuming we reached out and it was in no interest to him at the time. Think about the level we were at then compared to now.. We're probably a hot commodity to him in regards to our play style and our production of receivers.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
He played in every game last year so unless he can show some kind of hardship I don't see him getting a waiver. Yes, The NCAA has loosened things up some but I doubt he will have a case.

I think they should make it so a kid can play right away, but for the first year they pay their own way, if there is not some other extenuating circumstance to the transfer. Otherwise, they sit a year and then eligible, otherwise transfers just are too easy. The Haves just stock up on the surprises (misses on recruits) from the Have Nots.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think they should make it so a kid can play right away, but for the first year they pay their own way, if there is not some other extenuating circumstance to the transfer. Otherwise, they sit a year and then eligible, otherwise transfers just are too easy. The Haves just stock up on the surprises (misses on recruits) from the Have Nots.

You don't think this type of system would enable the Haves even more?

IMO this would be a step in the wrong direction. Why continue to handcuff kids to a school that didn't work out. There is zero punishment for a coach giving out empty promises or leaving for another job but yeah, lets punish the kid.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why do we care if we offered before or not? We either will or will not show interest this time, regardless.

People love to argue for no reason. It's hilarious. Yes, I get caught up in it as well...and I'm dumber for it.

We've pursued transfers that we didn't recruit the first time around. Things change.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So fortunate kids with money are allowed to play right away but the unfortunate have to sit a year? I don't think that's very fair.. Also that's going to cause even more of a problem with paying players than there already is.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

That's a terrible idea

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
giphy.gif