Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'll be shocked if Toussaint isn't starting from day 1. He's not flashy, but he's already a better point option than anyone on Iowa's current roster.

I know Fran's insane, but he's not stupid enough to make him ride the bench.

He'll only start if JorBo can't go IMO. Can't see Fran going against the family.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He'll only start if JorBo can't go IMO. Can't see Fran going against the family.
He won't be a day one starter due to Frederick being there. If JBo is healthy, their starting guards will be him, Weiscamp, and Connor. If JBo can't go it'll be Connor, Frederick, and Weiscamp.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Don't lots of football teams sing the school fight song after a victory?

Not at TOE basketball. The players just gather in the hallway going to the locker room waiting for that night's profanity.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I'll be interested to see him against P5 competition. That 5 minute video was mostly him making lay ups. There were a few nice passes and a couple step back threes. There's a reason his other offers were Dayton, Drexel, Iona, and Fordham.

Toussaint's a distributor and true point guard. Frederick's style is more like the guards Iowa already has: perimeter threats. They don't exactly drive the lane and dish. They jack up 3s and let the forwards scrap for putbacks.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Toussaint's a distributor and true point guard. Frederick's style is more like the guards Iowa already has: perimeter threats. They don't exactly drive the lane and dish. They jack up 3s and let the forwards scrap for putbacks.
I completely agree he's different than JBo, Frederick, and Weiscamp, but Connor will be a starter next year, especially if JBo is out.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Don't they already have a point guard that's deemed a distributor? Toussaint is more athletic than Connor, but if he's not a threat to score then defenders are going to stay home on Iowa's shooters.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If they would want to start Toussaint with JBo and Weiscamp, they would then start two guards that are 6 ft / shorter than 6 ft. This is going to be Connor's third year in the program.. I will be SHOCKED.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll be shocked if Toussaint isn't starting from day 1. He's not flashy, but he's already a better point option than anyone on Iowa's current roster.

A small PG who can't shoot isn't going to take minutes from Fran's son. There's a reason nobody wanted him

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

As it stands he’s getting 15 minutes minimum before even setting foot on campus...

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and CYCLNST8