dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The difference is Iowa will be rooting hard for every Big Ten team while we will be rooting against Kansas and Kansas State
I like how you always throw Iowa fans in one bucket. Plenty of ISU fans root for the B12 to do well and plenty Iowa fans do the same for the B1G. Not all...

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'll be rooting for every single B12 team. I'm not sure why I wouldn't. Same during the noncon and bowls.
The only B1G team I never root for is Nebraska. Have a hard time rooting for Minnesota as well

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Has any Iowa fan ever admitted the Big 12 was better in the years it clearly was ?

The narrative on HR is the Big 12 always under performs. Even shown recent tournament history they ignore it.

Last edited:

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The only B1G team I never root for is Nebraska. Have a hard time rooting for Minnesota as well

I'm a huge Michigan fan, and its hard not to root for a coach like Coach B. Hes very easy to like as a coach. Izzo on the other hand not so much for as much as he constantly throws a fit with the officials.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I like how you always throw Iowa fans in one bucket. Plenty of ISU fans root for the B12 to do well and plenty Iowa fans do the same for the B1G. Not all...

The Iowa Spartans, Iowa Wolverines, Iowa Buckeyes, Iowa Badgers, etc is a lot different than 99.9% of ISU fans rooting for KU to lose the first round

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The Iowa Spartans, Iowa Wolverines, Iowa Buckeyes, Iowa Badgers, etc is a lot different than 99.9% of ISU fans rooting for KU to lose the first round
Right...99.9%? The .1% seems to be posting in this thread.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Does anybody remember Deanvogs who used to post here? He pointed out in a thread on one of the Hawk sites the Hawks had the easiest conference schedule of all B1G teams.

DeanVogs was probably the top (by volume) Hawk poster in the Rivals forum until he got banned after losing it when Iowa had one of their typical collapses. He was a megahomer, however at least was a good debater compared to the dregs like benji and yeahbuddy.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I never said it wasn’t. I think it’s better than the big 12. What I think is hilarious is how frequently Iowa fans mention this considering the unbalanced schedule they played made their schedule not any harder by any measure than Iowa State’s.
I never said you said it wasn't. :)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
DeanVogs was probably the top (by volume) Hawk poster in the Rivals forum until he got banned after losing it when Iowa had one of their typical collapses. He was a megahomer, however at least was a good debater compared to the dregs like benji and yeahbuddy.

Saturday night just had to wreck him. He was a huge Fred hater but was adamant Prohm was going to suck then Prohm goes out and knocks out a blue blood for another Big 12 title