*** Official SELECTION SUNDAY Thread ***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Me thinks being a 6 is the best case
Double revenge. OSU, then we smash UK in KC! I'm not worried about Houston, even if they're exactly the kind of team we should worry about.
It's the NCAA tournament. Need to worry about every team.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm sure he's wearing a boot because his foot is feeling really good.;)

CSP needs to let tOSU that with the boot, it's really a game time decision. Then we are guaranteed Marial comes out and goes for 30.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm sure it doesn't make any difference, but I have late night NCAA nightmares dating back to the UCLA loss against Cameron Dollar and that hugely embarrassing loss as a 2 seat to the H'pton Inns.

But we beat UCLA in the late Thursday night game in 2000 to go the Elite 8.

Reactions: LindenCy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Watched a lot of Champ Week and I've got bad news, refereeing across the country is horrible. I kept hoping that we might end up with better officials than we see every game in the Big12. Happy not to be playing Big12 teams but refereeing still a crap shoot.

This is one of my things. College sports are big money sports and they should invest in officiating. I realize that refs are humans and we all make mistakes but it doesn’t have to be this bad. Investing in refs would improve the overall product.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Watched a lot of Champ Week and I've got bad news, refereeing across the country is horrible. I kept hoping that we might end up with better officials than we see every game in the Big12. Happy not to be playing Big12 teams but refereeing still a crap shoot.
The refs in the Big East tournament were a joke. It was horrible

D

Deleted member 8507

Just throwing some numbers together it looks like the committee did a good job for the seed groups. By using committee rank, NET, RPI, KenPom and bracket matrix almost all of the seed groups don't change but the order within the groups vary slightly. Virginia should be the #1 overall slightly over Duke. Iowa State should be the third #6 instead of the second #6.

Auburn and K. St. should trade seeds, so should Marquette and Buffalo and Maryland and Wofford. St Mary's is #11, should be a #9, Ole Miss is #8, should be #10.

Clemson, Texas and TCU might have gotten shafted as their numbers look better than Temple, Belmont and Minnesota, and for sure should have been in before Arizona St., Ohio St. and St. John's. I would guess those three and N. Carolina St. will be the #1 seeds in NIT.

Attachments

• NCAA Bracket Teams Sorted.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As someone who gets off work at 6PM Pacific time and drives 60-80 minutes home, I am ecstatic about our game time.

I think this will be the first weekday game all year (maybe in several years) where I haven't had just satellite radio live or video DVRd not live.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC