*** Official SELECTION SUNDAY Thread ***

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Houston was by far the biggest loser at the top with seedings as the committee placed them about 10 spots below their NET.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
So is Shayok in a boot something we should be concerned about or is that just a precaution? I noticed he limped off of the stage last night.
Probably just his toe being sore. 3 games in 3 days is a lot.
He was wearing it today watching the selection show too. Need to rest it as much as possible.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I legitimately think that they had two brackets ready with the loser of the B1G Tourney in Dukes region and whoever sent the doc over sent the wrong one since Michigan was up for a while.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Houston was by far the biggest loser at the top with seedings as the committee placed them about 10 spots below their NET.
I think their SOS maybe hurt them.
MSU got screwed being placed in Duke’s region. They won the Big 10 regular season and tourney titles, beat Michigan 3x this year, and Michigan got the better draw. Haha

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So are these times to be believed?

https://www.ncaatournamenttulsa.com/

That we will play at either noon or maybe like 2:30 (if the session is consecutive for the "championships" of the two four-team mini-tournaments)?

I am trying to time a flight back out of Tulsa.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
So are these times to be believed?

https://www.ncaatournamenttulsa.com/

That we will play at either noon or maybe like 2:30 (if the session is consecutive for the "championships" of the two four-team mini-tournaments)?

I am trying to time a flight back out of Tulsa.

Not following your train of thought... looks like session 2 starts at 6 pm. So we either play in the afternoon or some time that night.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I’ve been watching cbssports network for the coverage. They had a commercial break so I decided to turn to ESPN just to see what they were saying. I told my wife I bet they are only talking about Duke. It’s a commercial there too and when it came back on, they are talking about Duke and then go to an interview with Zion Williamson. That network is such a ******* joke.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not following your train of thought... looks like session 2 starts at 6 pm. So we either play in the afternoon or some time that night.

I am more worried about Sunday and trying to setup return travel.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ve been watching cbssports network for the coverage. They had a commercial break so I decided to turn to ESPN just to see what they were saying. I told my wife I bet they are only talking about Duke. It’s a commercial there too and when it came back on, they are talking about Duke and then go to an interview with Zion Williamson. That network is such a ******* joke.
He's the first player at a caliber of LeBron James at that age or at least uniqueness in 15 years (since LeBron). The media age has transformed tremendously since then. Just enjoy that you're seeing a kid that has the body and abilities to be on a certain level of greatness. There has to be another generation of talent and he is it.

• Winner
Reactions: RRRunotEntertained

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Most 3’s are legit.

Exactly. If you survive the first round as a 6 seed and the other side holds you've basically earned a top 10 type opponent in the next round.

As we found out 2-3 weeks ago, we can lose to anybody. As we just witnessed over the last 3 days, we can be a legit S16/E8 threat. All I wanted in our early matchups was to not see that "oh crap, not them!" opponent. We could lose to tOSU or Houston if we backslide, but I'm not afraid of either one if the team that just got home from KC travels to Tulsa.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He's the first player at a caliber of LeBron James at that age or at least uniqueness in 15 years (since LeBron). The media age has transformed tremendously since then. Just enjoy that you're seeing a kid that has the body and abilities to be on a certain level of greatness. There has to be another generation of talent and he is it.

I started a thread a while ago ******** about ESPN ESPNing over him, but I actually appreciated him coming back and saying last night he just really likes playing and wants to win for the school.

• Agree
Reactions: Joel1

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
First tourney in the eastern time zone I’m pretty pumped. I love it when basketball carries over to the next day.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron