All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have this year for whatever reason. Saw the three Maui games and the Iowa game.
It's OK to admit it that you tune in. We know you watch more than that to judge his character.

I tune into Iowa hoops if I remember to check them out if they aren't on the ESPN channels.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Was just out of character for him, goes to show you how much he wanted that win.
Iowa had already started one fight. Prohm really doesn't want to have the unpredictable/volatile behavior of Fran and his players to injure ISU players or let them get baited into a fight as Franny is coaching his team to do.

ISU is really in a no-win situation playing the Iowa game. If we win ho-hum nobody considers it a big deal. When Iowa pulls out all of the stops putting their injured players in the game, coaching little Fran to swing elbows and push people, and have Iowa players run at players and initiate contact and Iowa somehow win it is a huge victory for Iowa. Big Fran has probably gotten another unannounced contract extension after Herky got their signature season win against ISU.

I am more than happy that Prohm was out their trying to stop what could have been an ugly mess initiated by Little Fran. LIttle Fran is going to wind up causing some real issues on the court with his inability to manage his emotions. His fuse is always 3.2 seconds away from exploding. Very immature young man.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How in the hell did you come up with his redshirt got pulled. He still qualifies for a medical redshirt. Nothing has been pulled. Naz Long played in 8 games and still got a medical redshirt.

So he's still going to redshirt and he just chose to come back to play against Iowa State instead of the two conference games right before that? Lol like I've said. Super Bowl

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So he's still going to redshirt and he just chose to come back to play against Iowa State instead of the two conference games right before that? Lol like I've said. Super Bowl

Yep, still looking like he redshirts, so wrong again.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
How in the hell did you come up with his redshirt got pulled. He still qualifies for a medical redshirt. Nothing has been pulled. Naz Long played in 8 games and still got a medical redshirt.
Not disputing that he will still get his red shirt. On 11/27/2018 Franny said the following:
“It was hoped this procedure could wait until the end of the season, but is now determined the hardware removal is necessary before he will be able to return to the court.

“I have been attempting to play through some chronic irritation caused by the hardware during preseason practice,” Peml said, “but after consulting with our training staff it is determined that the best course of action is to correct the problem before returning to the court. Although I am disappointed that I will be unable to help the team on the court this season, I am confident in my teammates and will do everything I can to be a good teammate from the sidelines.”

The stench of this move reeks of the desperation Fran is in. He knows if it weren't for the financial penalty he should not be the coach of Iowa. RIsking further injury to an athlete is going to really hurt him down the road. Other coaches recruiting against him will most certainly point that out to the parents. Short term gratification supersedes building a program.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Right. Naz gave it his best shot and realized he couldn't do it. Pemsl did the same thing then Fran wanted to win against ISU so badly he convinced Pemsl to risk his health for this win. That is awful.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Right. Naz gave it his best shot and realized he couldn't do it. Pemsl did the same thing then Fran wanted to win against ISU so badly he convinced Pemsl to risk his health for this win. That is awful.

Naz only played so we had a body until Burton got eligible

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I hardly doubt getting your fourth guy off the bench was crucial in that victory.