Iowa Football Recruiting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Yep. An ISU RB going up against an Iowa LB, Safety, and DE.... pushing the pile forward anyway.... gets a little help from a long, lean WR. All 3 Iowa guys each weigh more than Montgomery and Eaton do.

Had it just been Montgomery against Jewell and #30, it wouldn't have even been a contest. #94 comes in and it gets more interesting, but David still is going to score. Could you imagine if it had just been Montgomery against Jewell one on one. Yikes.

Crazy that this heroic effort by Montgomery didn't result in an ISU victory.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
No I'm not going to cheapen the seriousness of it the way you are. You don't care about those players. You like that it happened. You like that it happened because it made Iowa look bad. You know it's the truth.

I take serious offense to your accusation here. I definitely did care about the well being of those players. For you to say I didn't is blatantly false and shameful. And no, I surely didn't "like that it happened". You're sick. You don't even know me.

These are human beings we're talking about. People's lives. I cared about them getting through this like you will never know (and I'm not going to explain why on the internet to people I don't even know).

I admit I don't know all the details, but I didn't care for how Doyle and KF appeared to have handled it initially either. It didn't seem as they knew the "seriousness" of it either.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Crazy that this heroic effort by Montgomery didn't result in an ISU victory.

Yeah, because we all know that one play makes an entire game, right? Go to bed YeahBuddy, it's definitely getting too late for you apparently.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So you're not going to post it.

Why, because you can't go watch the numerous videos of it all over the internet? You probably don't want to do that because you'd also see how the media talked about it too, and it doesn't fit your narrative. They talk about how he ran over an All American LB too.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I take serious offense to your accusation here. I definitely did care about the well being of those players. For you to say I didn't is blatantly false and shameful. And no, I surely didn't "like that it happened". You're sick. You don't even know me.

These are human beings we're talking about. People's lives. I cared about them getting through this like you will never know (and I'm not going to explain why on the internet to people I don't even know).

I admit I don't know all the details, but I didn't care for how Doyle and KF appeared to have handled it initially either. It didn't seem as they knew the "seriousness" of it either.

Scroll back to #16298 pal. You did the exact same thing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Scroll back to #16298 pal. You did the exact same thing.

I read it. What are you talking about? I believe they put these players' lives in danger, which is true. I know what Rhabdo does to people, and they could have lost their life.

I guess I don't know why you're referring to that post of mine? Enlighten me.

I never accused you of not caring about peoples' lives.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Why, because you can't go watch the numerous videos of it all over the internet? You probably don't want to do that because you'd also see how the media talked about it too, and it doesn't fit your narrative. They talk about how he ran over an All American LB too.

I've seen it. Great score by DM. Thankfully Eaton came in to give the push he needed. But DM is a stud, no doubt.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I was re-watching the video just now, you're right. I wrote down exactly what I was seeing frame by frame. I really love the frame where Montgomery has Jewell, #30, and #94 on him. That one is priceless. And he still is moving the pile forward, yet Eaton comes in, as he should, and gives him a little help from behind. Looks to me like it wasn't going to be needed at all though, but Eaton was doing exactly what he should.

More or less impressive than wadleys td after breaking lanning's ankles as he made 4 other defenders miss?

Reactions: dexterhawk

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've seen it. Great score by DM. Thankfully Eaton came in to give the push he needed. But DM is a stud, no doubt.

You really think he needed help from Eaton when watching that video? I can't help you if you really believe that.

Worse case scenario, even if he did, do you really want to compare the weights and size of Montgomery and Eaton to Jewell, an Iowa Safety, and an Iowa DE?

As many times during that game, and throughout the season that Montgomery completely trucked people, Jewell shouldn't be ashamed at all, and watching him speak after the game, he wasn't ashamed at all. Just handed out the cred like a true competitor does.

Iowa fans just can't get their mouth's to say it though for some reason. Hey, I can admit Wadley won the game for Iowa that day on an unbelievable run off a screen where he made ISU's secondary look stupid and silly. See how easy that is. I recognize a great play and great individual effort and talent when I see it, no matter what uniform they have on or school they represent. So does Josey Jewell. See how that works. You don't have to be an arrogant Hawk fan like most of them are.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and Cy4Lifer

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
More or less impressive than wadleys td after breaking lanning's ankles as he made 4 other defenders miss?

Oh, this is hilarious to read this right after what I just posted above. I gave full credit to Wadley just as you were posting this.

Not sure which play was MORE impressive? Both were great plays. I can admit that.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You really think he needed help from Eaton when watching that video? I can't help you if you really believe that.

Worse case scenario, even if he did, do you really want to compare the weights and size of Montgomery and Eaton to Jewell, an Iowa Safety, and an Iowa DE?

As many times during that game, and throughout the season that Montgomery completely trucked people, Jewell shouldn't be ashamed at all, and watching him speak after the game, he wasn't ashamed at all. Just handed out the cred like a true competitor does.

Iowa fans just can't get their mouth's to say it though for some reason. Hey, I can admit Wadley won the game for Iowa that day on an unbelievable run off a screen where he made ISU's secondary look stupid and silly. See how easy that is. I recognize a great play and great individual effort and talent when I see it, no matter what uniform they have on or school they represent. So does Josey Jewell. See how that works. You don't have to be an arrogant Hawk fan like most of them are.

DM is a stud. Had a crazy great day against our D. Sorry, JJ stood him up until Eaton got there.

• Disagree
Reactions: GTO

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not really. Doyle just scored us a recruit that your coach really wanted.

So now you're admitting that you don't care if Doyle puts players' lives at risk as long as it scores recruits? And you're calling me the one that doesn't care about these players' lives?

I hope Campbell has a successful and SAFE career at Iowa.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So now you're admitting that you don't care if Doyle puts players' lives at risk as long as it scores recruits? And you're calling me the one that doesn't care about these players' lives?

I hope Campbell has a successful and SAFE career at Iowa.

Pretty bad.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
DM is a stud. Had a crazy great day against our D. Sorry, JJ stood him up until Eaton got there.

OMG..... you still can't see what really happened, even after watching video of it. Amazing.

Jewell and #30 initially may have "stood him up" together, but then Montgomery starts to run them over until #94 comes in and tries to grab Montgomery from behind, but yet the pile still is moving towards the goal line when Eaton comes in.

I'd bet my house that without Eaton coming in that Montgomery scores on those 3 Hawks.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Pretty bad.

Yes, what you posted is "Pretty bad". No, actually it's "Really bad".

And ISU fan posts that the rhabdo thing really gets Hawk fans riled up, and you reply with "Not really. Doyle just scored us a recruit that your coach really wanted." That is really bad on your part, you're right about that.

I'd rather lose Campbell to Iowa than have our Strength and Conditioning coach put player's lives at risk with their training.

Reactions: GTO

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yes, what you posted is "Pretty bad". No, actually it's "Really bad".

And ISU fan posts that the rhabdo thing really gets Hawk fans riled up, and you reply with "Not really. Doyle just scored us a recruit that your coach really wanted." That is really bad on your part, you're right about that.

I'd rather lose Campbell to Iowa than have our Strength and Conditioning coach put player's lives at risk with their training.

Yeah like I said you couldn't care less. Iowa players/alums love Doyle. Sorry if it hurts.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
OMG..... you still can't see what really happened, even after watching video of it. Amazing.

Jewell and #30 initially may have "stood him up" together, but then Montgomery starts to run them over until #94 comes in and tries to grab Montgomery from behind, but yet the pile still is moving towards the goal line when Eaton comes in.

I'd bet my house that without Eaton coming in that Montgomery scores on those 3 Hawks.

Of course you would. Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker. You're in a dream world buddy.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53