***OFFICIAL IOWA VS WYOMING PREDICTION THREAD***

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
After watching both games today I'm more confident than I have ever been as a Cyclone fan about eating Iowa. We are far superior in every way.

After watching football all day I have revised my prediction for ISU from 6 wins to a minimum of 8 wins. I had no idea the Big12 was so bad.

UNI
Iowa
Akron
Kansas
Tech
Baylor
Texas
TCU

Keep in mind this is the floor for ISU, and represents the worst ISU could be. They will also beat eithe K-State or WVU and win 9 games and possible even Oklahoma St and OU and win the Big12, as it is really bad this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well I would say that three different receivers on 15 pass attempts is about right. Park threw the ball 35 times, so I would hope there were would be more than 3 different receivers.

Completing passes to 3 receivers is about right lol

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

xrayhawk

Aug 27, 2017
But to really think about it, no team should really care about stats. The only numbers that count at the end of the game is the ones on the scoreboard. You do not have to rack up all kinds of stats to win ball games.

xrayhawk

Aug 27, 2017
Completing passes to 3 receivers is about right lol

so what is supposed to happen, 15 different receivers for 15 passes?? Its all about matchups, so if that was the favorable match ups for iowa, I don't care if only one receiver caught passes

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
so what is supposed to happen, 15 different receivers for 15 passes?? Its all about matchups, so if that was the favorable match ups for iowa, I don't care if only one receiver caught passes

If Iowa doesn't have to pass to win games this year, then they won't be passing that much.

More concerning to me was how Wyoming bottled up Iowa's running game. Although I do like seeing that UNI averaged 5.4 yards per rush vs ISU.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

The point being made (and poorly, in an effort to talk smack) is that the more athletic mismatches you have, the more options you have. I did not watch the game yesterday, so I don't know, but the WR corps was pretty shaky last year, and there hasn't been a huge upgrade.

As far as this game goes, if Iowa State cannot stop the run, it won't matter how bad the hawkeye receiving corps is.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

So Wyoming bottled up Iowa's running game and Iowa couldn't pass the ball?

Reactions: keepngoal

xrayhawk

Aug 27, 2017
So Wyoming bottled up Iowa's running game and Iowa couldn't pass the ball?

Iowa was down two of their best 0-linemen, including center James Daniels.(which will be full speed this week per KF) Still rushed for 163 yards...so I would not really call that "bottled up"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa was down two of their best 0-linemen, including center James Daniels.(which will be full speed this week per KF) Still rushed for 163 yards...so I would not really call that "bottled up"

Your buddy Mashup said they bottled Iowa's run game up. That Walsh guy was out too? What's wrong with him? He's pretty good

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron