All Iowa Football Team

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I think he might get 400 yards against Iowa. He will light them up. Part of the reason we will win 38-17 despite the amount of importance they put on the game.

Well he better have a lot better protection than he had last year in Iowa City, because that was not pretty.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I don't think it's crazy to take Montgomery over Wadley. Keep in mind Montgomery beat out a 1200 yard rusher as a true freshman.

You're also under valuing the Iowa offensive line that routinely makes average running backs look All Conference.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think it's crazy to take Montgomery over Wadley. Keep in mind Montgomery beat out a 1200 yard rusher as a true freshman.

You're also under valuing the Iowa offensive line that routinely makes average running backs look All Conference.

This. Plus Montgomery earned a starting role which is something Wadley never could do.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The planets aligned that day for him. Much like Steele Jantz in the 2011 game.

it wasn't just that day, he did it to us twice. I mean, he owned us.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
QB- Park
RB- Wadley
RB- Montgomery
TE- Fant
WR- Lazard
WR- Vandeburg
OT- Boetteger
OG- Welsh
C- Daniels
OG- Render
OT- Campos

DE- A. Nelson
DT- Bazata
DT- Lima
DE- M. Nelson
LB- Niemann
LB- Jewell
LB- Harvey
CB- Peavy
CB- Rugamba
S- Cotton-Moya
S- Taylor

K- Duncan
P- Downing
KR- Wadley
PR- Ryen

I'm not as up to date as some of you on football players on both teams, but this seems the most accurate in my humble opinion. Hope it's a good game in JTS this year. I think it will be!

Reactions: YeahBuddy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I thought maybe @CyTwins actually came up with a good discussion. I should have know better, he is already into his most common trolls of super bowl and backup RB, and Parks taint love.

You don't know what trolling means. Pointing out Park as an elite talent and Wadley never being a starter is not trolling. Please keep this a troll free thread and since that's all you do maybe you should sit this one out.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You don't know what trolling means. Pointing out Park as an elite talent and Wadley never being a starter is not trolling. Please keep this a troll free thread and since that's all you do maybe you should sit this one out.

Iowa's starting RB and backup RB last year > all ISU RB last year. Why is it hard to believe it will be the same again this year?

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I'm just going to leave UNI out since I don't know much about them. Feel free to discuss in a troll free thread.

QB: Park
RB: Toss up between Wadley or Montgomery
WR: Lazard
WR: Ryen or Jones
WR: Vandeberg
TE: Toss up between Allen or Fant
OL: Campos
OL: Daniels
OL: Welsh
OL: Good Jones
OL: Boetgger

DL: Nelson
DL: Lima
DL: Bailey
DL: Bazata
LB: Jewell
LB: Harvey
LB: Niemann or Bower
CB: Peavy
CB: Payne
S: Cotton-Moya
S: Taylor or Gervase

P: Downing
K: ???
PR: Ryen
KR: Kene

Thoughts?
Hakeem Butler and about 4 other wrs we have are better than vandenberg

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa's starting RB and backup RB last year > all ISU RB last year. Why is it hard to believe it will be the same again this year?

I think ISU's line will be much improved and I would have to think Iowa will have a tougher schedule this year.

mikesright

Sep 3, 2012
Hakeem Butler and about 4 other wrs we have are better than vandenberg

These teams are generally based on experience as much as talent. So while Iowa's QB might be better than Park, he's gotta prove it. Same for those receivers. Its why we play the games, but its also why your notion is irrelevant. Vandeberg proved it, and no one else has the stats.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It'll be interesting to see how Vandeberg plays since he really only has one foot.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Montgomery, career (one year):

563 yards, 5.2 YPC, 2 TD, 13 catches, 129 yards

Wadley, career:

1763 yards, 6.2 YPC, 18 TD, 43 catches, 408 yards, 4 TD

tossup

Montgomery goes for 5.2 YPC behind one of the worst O-lines in P5 football last year as a freshman.

Wadley goes for 6.4 YPC as a junior behind arguably the best 0-line in CFB.

And you're hinting that Wadley is better? Hmm...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You'd better hope given what he's done to ISU with two feet.

Anyone who doesn't think the WRs would be a Lazard and Vandeberg 1-2 punch are either delusional or stupid. Or both.

Oh I have no doubt Vandeberg will play out of his mind the ISU game.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I think ISU's line will be much improved and I would have to think Iowa will have a tougher schedule this year.

Montgomery goes for 5.2 YPC behind one of the worst O-lines in P5 football last year as a freshman.

Wadley goes for 6.4 YPC as a junior behind arguably the best 0-line in CFB.

And you're hinting that Wadley is better? Hmm...

ISU only faced 1 top 50 defense last year and Iowa faced 6 of them. Iowa still had 2 RB > ISU RB. Just image what Iowa RB could do if they got to run in a defense optional league like the Big12.

Maybe Montgomery > Wadley and Butler, but until he proves it, then it is silly to say he should be the RB based on Hope rather than hard facts.

• Disagree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5