Iowa Football Recruiting

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
By an insecure Iowa fan posing as an ISU fan. It keeps going due to Hawk fans going back and forth with ISU fans.

Not really, it is Iowa fans poking fun at the delusions of clone fans. You guys really work at your insecurities. Must be why isu is InSecurity University.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Can't fault Downing for picking Iowa State if he would rather work on the family farm than play in the NFL.

So if an instate Olineman picks ISU its that he just wants to Farm but if he chooses Iowa who has a sticker on its helmet that says ANF then he doesnt just want to farm? Got it.

Reality is about to set in for Iowa fball fans with where CMC is going to take this program..Might wanna cover your eyes.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Because he's one of the top OL in the country. It's not that hard to figure out.

Downing is the best lineman in the state, but not even close to one of the best on the country. If he were he would have programs like Nebraska, Michigan, MSU, and many others after him.

Will he develop into a great lineman? At Iowa more than likely yes he would. At ISU? Who knows it is yet to be seen.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
So if an instate Olineman picks ISU its that he just wants to Farm but if he chooses Iowa who has a sticker on its helmet that says ANF then he doesnt just want to farm? Got it.

Reality is about to set in for Iowa fball fans with where CMC is going to take this program..Might wanna cover your eyes.

No what he was saying is that no one would fault a kid for wanting to go to isu to further their ag career knowing they don't want to play in the NFL. If they are an Olineman and want to get to the NFL they are better off going to Iowa than isu. The results clearly speak for themselves. Has CMC had 2 Olineman win the Outland Trophy? Has CMC had multiple 1st round draft picks for the OL? Why would I cover my eyes from that?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Downing is the best lineman in the state, but not even close to one of the best on the country. If he were he would have programs like Nebraska, Michigan, MSU, and many others after him.

Will he develop into a great lineman? At Iowa more than likely yes he would. At ISU? Who knows it is yet to be seen.

247 has him as the 35th best OG. Being ranked in the top 50 of your position would be considered as one of the best in the country.

• Funny
Reactions: ICHawk24

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who cares? In the end you will fit it to narrowly suit a specific isu situation and ignore the rest. On field results matter not recruiting rankings.

I'm asking you what your preferred recruiting site is. This has nothing to do with me. It's a very simple question

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
247 has him as the 35th best OG. Being ranked in the top 50 of your position would be considered as one of the best in the country.

Not saying he isn't good. I'm saying he isn't Ross Pierschbacher who was one of the best in the country and had the offers to prove it. Downing is a regional recruit and even the big boys in the Midwest region haven't offered him. If he was as good as you think he is he would have interest/offers from
Nebraska, Michigan, MSU, Notre Dame, etc.

Don't take everything as a slight, he is good, just not some recognized national recruit is all.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
I'm asking you what your preferred recruiting site is. This has nothing to do with me. It's a very simple question

I don't care about recruiting rankings regardless of site. I care about what actually occurs on the field. You seem to believe there is a direct correlation between the two. If it was as clear cut as you make it out to be, Texas and ND would never have worse seasons than Iowa and K-State.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't care about recruiting rankings regardless of site. I care about what actually occurs on the field. You seem to believe there is a direct correlation between the two. If it was as clear cut as you make it out to be, Texas and ND would never have worse seasons than Iowa and K-State.

Then why did you just reference Downing's Rivals rating?