On to Football Season

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
People like Mashup just don't understand the difference about "not caring about a game" and treating it like your Super Bowl and making it the biggest game of the season over more important games like conference games. Do I think ISU cares about the game? Absolutely, just like they do about all the other non conference games but they're not going to have they aren't going to make a non conference game the biggest game of the entire season

Iowa has always been ISU's Super Bowl. Mac started it, that doesn't end with a coach, Super Bowls against Iowa is much, much bigger than one coach

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa has always been ISU's Super Bowl. Mac started it, that doesn't end with a coach, Super Bowls against Iowa is much, much bigger than one coach

Is today opposite day? Weak trolling Mashup even for you. Campbell doesn't hang up posters, tweets, move trophy cases, etc.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Is today opposite day? Weak trolling Mashup even for you. Campbell doesn't hang up posters, tweets, move trophy cases, etc.

He inherited the Super Bowl, passed down from Mac to Chizik to Rhoads and now Campbell. I think he has a good shot at his first Super Bowl win this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He inherited the Super Bowl, passed down from Mac to Chizik to Rhoads and now Campbell. I think he has a good shot at his first Super Bowl win this year.

3otPoHtlHgovmNJSDe.gif

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Lets not forget who originally put the emphasis on winning this battle in the state of Iowa back in 1979 ....some old Texas bred raisin face guy. What was his name again?

Hayden Fry, I figured you would remember the name of a coach that beat ISU 15 straight seasons.

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What does this say about ISU? He says Iowa plays nobody in the non conference and that includes ISU each and every year. So congrats on being considered a nobody I guess?

Well ISU is a basketball school and has been a pretty poor football program Pre-CMC

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The super bowl is played in the NFL. Period.

Regardless of who wants to win more or who has more to lose, I agree that the game should be moved to two years on two years off.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You do realize 2 years ago Iowa won 12 games. Iowa has won 9+ games in 6 of the last 18 years. So yeah when it occurs every 3 years on average it does matter for Hawk fans.

Yes, and then they got to play their first good opponent all season as a 'reward' for a record season, and that opponent ran a scrimmage for a national audience.

Getting rid of the ISU/Iowa game is one more dumb move to get rid of something exciting in college football, which is losing its excitement more every year with conference realignment, in a state that doesn't have something like a pro team to fall back on.

And if you think Iowa fans would be more automatically excited for some other random P5 team, you wouldn't be on ISU boards.

• Winner
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So much Hawkdom.

Name one example.

Pre-emptively, don't mention '01 or '02---the 17 point lead that Iowa gave up in '02 wasn't much different than the 14 point lead ISU gave up the season before, and ISU did nothing miraculous in either game. Iowa's secondary just sucked and their QB dropped the ball a couple of times. I remember telling my Hawkdom friends that Wallace was going to throw for 350 yards...none of them believed me and then he did. He was one of 3 good QBs Iowa saw that year and none of them were in the B1G.

Don't mention '05--ISU didn't even play that well but Iowa wasn't very good that season either.

Don't mention '14: Iowa wasn't very good and they found that out vs. Tennessee.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yes, and then they got to play their first good opponent all season as a 'reward' for a record season, and that opponent ran a scrimmage for a national audience.

Getting rid of the ISU/Iowa game is one more dumb move to get rid of something exciting in college football, which is losing its excitement more every year with conference realignment, in a state that doesn't have something like a pro team to fall back on.

And if you think Iowa fans would be more automatically excited for some other random P5 team, you wouldn't be on ISU boards.

I love how ISU fans pick Iowa's worst game each year and say that is what Iowa is. When OSU won the national title, they also lost to Va Tech. Bad games happen, did ISU stink at BB this year because they lost to NIT teams in Iowa and TCU?

In Iowa's 12 win season they played 4 teams with 10+ wins, they played 7 bowl teams that year as well.

If I were to mock ISU's getting to an elite 8, while Iowa won 8 basketball games, what would you say/think? Because that is exactly how dumb you sound when you try to downplayed Iowa's 12 win season.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
The super bowl is played in the NFL. Period.

Regardless of who wants to win more or who has more to lose, I agree that the game should be moved to two years on two years off.

Now way, according to @CyTwins if you put motivational material in front of your team, it is the Super Bowl! Since we all know ISU dressed up tackling dummies in Iowa gear, this now qualifies as the Super Bowl.

Please note the thick sarcasm.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Now way, according to @CyTwins if you put motivational material in front of your team, it is the Super Bowl! Since we all know ISU dressed up tackling dummies in Iowa gear, this now qualifies as the Super Bowl.

Please note the thick sarcasm.

I've never seen Campbell put Iowa gear on anything. Nice try but this is Iowa's Super Bowl not ours