New site notes/bugs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Odd question, is anyone elses' font on posts weird? Like, when I type in a text box, everything is normal. But, when I post it and read others' posts, all of the letter "I"s that are lower-case, look a lot like letter "L"s. The lower-case "I"s stretch out above the rest of the letters near them.

I haven’t noticed that problem. I did notice a typographic issue, though, some of my posts prior to the switchover don’t display quote marks correctly, instead has garbage characters. (it’s correctable using Edit, though). I haven't checked if other people's pre-redesign posts are doing the same thing (maybe it's only visible to me, with my posts).

Examples:
I can’t ignore its “brand”….
if we’re using distance from campus — Des Moines,….

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
OK, I really was liking the new site and thought it was a good idea. But now I've noticed something and I'm not so sure anymore. Off to the right of the Recent Posts page is a Members Online Now section. At the bottom is a summary.

Total: 514 (members: 86, guests: 409, robots: 19)

What's the deal with these robots?? Are they self aware? Will they go all Terminator on us? Maybe it's best to shut this thing down before it's too late.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
OK, I really was liking the new site and thought it was a good idea. But now I've noticed something and I'm not so sure anymore. Off to the right of the Recent Posts page is a Members Online Now section. At the bottom is a summary.

Total: 514 (members: 86, guests: 409, robots: 19)

What's the deal with these robots?? Are they self aware? Will they go all Terminator on us? Maybe it's best to shut this thing down before it's too late.

They've always been there, now we just know when they are there and how many are there.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm back, *******!
GM0VE_s-200x150.gif

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
Perfect spellers are like the winners of a geography bee - who gives a flying rat's ass...

Depends. It matters to me when a poster is making a point to seem especially intelligent or well-informed. Like when there's a twelve paragraph rant on "Paul Rhodes." Grammar and complete sentences are pretty much fading away. Obviously.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Depends. It matters to me when a poster is making a point to seem especially intelligent or well-informed. Like when there's a twelve paragraph rant on "Paul Rhodes." Grammar and complete sentences are pretty much fading away. Obviously.

True. But most of the time when people point this stuff out, they are just trying to belittle someone or being arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.