New site notes/bugs/etc.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Suggestion: When I'm on the 'new posts' page, is it possible to show which forum each thread is posted in?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Ban function seems to work fine, CW. Glad I could test it out for you.

People, don't get banned on this new site. If the last site was like being in regular jail, getting banned now is like being in a supermax. Happy to be the last person banned on the old site :D.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Hey guys -

Wow. Long day. I've officially been up 24 straight hours. My guys all have too so thanks to Sam and Mike for their hard work.

I really like the final product but we still have some things to tweak here on the forums. Many of them we know about. Many I'm sure we will learn about here in the coming days. The good news is that the guys who designed and are in charge of these bad boys are some of the top forum guys in the biz. There is nothing we cannot do.

A few things:

1 - I'm already aware of the redundancy of the thread author and the last person to post. We should have that fixed on Saturday.

2 - Early next week, we will have tutorial videos for all of you to watch to learn about new different functions of the forums.

3 - I know everybody hates change. We are humans. But please realize that we had to make this specific change. You want mobile? You want security? We had to do this. So please just give it a week before you judge anything to harshly.

4 - CY BOOKIE IS BACK. Not fully up and running yet but it is installed and ready to go. I just have to learn how to use it, which I will in the coming weeks.

5 - Social groups will be installed on Monday or Tuesday.

Lastly, look around and enjoy. Please, use this thread to report bugs, changes you'd like to see, etc. Some positive comments would be nice too!

Thanks of your support, patience and with that, I'm gonna go get a few hours of sleep before the sun rises.

It's a great update. Love that it works on mobile. Only feedback is - A lot of black and gold, and too many "Like" options on posts.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Things I like about the new site that I’ve noticed so far. (Still exploring.) I’m sure many of these are mentioned already:
* Avatar of thread author is included in the posts menu.
* Shows your smaller avatar next to thread author if you’ve posted in that thread.
* Clicking on someone’s avatar has a summary pop-up, no need to go to separate profile page.
* You can highlight a portion of a post and reply directly to that, without having to go to “reply with quote” and deleting what you want to remove.
* Already mentioned: The Like/Optimistic/Funny/Creative etc. options are a cool addition.
* And, of course, the new Music Forum! ;)

Can we limit some of the functions for new posters? I don't want trolls to sign up and click a bunch of nonsense "dislikes." Maybe unlock some of the functions only after they meet some length of time or number of posts.

Also, can we create a Troll Team that has the authority to label users as trolls? Too often the trolls get treated like serious posters. Let's identify them as what they are. The Troll Team would be posters recognized by the Mods as trustworthy. Or maybe they even have to nominate them to the Mods (thought I'm trying to avoid giving the Mods more work).

• Useful
Reactions: alarson

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Nope. Image button only lets you enter a URL, 'Upload a file' link does nothing, and 'more options' link just posts the reply.

ETA: Twice now that I have used the darker 'submit reply' button to make my post, it takes me to a blank white screen. If I hit F5 everything goes back to normal & my new post is there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, what do we call all these things (like, dislike, agree, disagree, informative, etc.)? There has to be a name for the category.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Nope. Image button only lets you enter a URL, 'Upload a file' link does nothing, and 'more options' link just posts the reply.

ETA: Twice now that I have used the darker 'submit reply' button to make my post, it takes me to a blank white screen. If I hit F5 everything goes back to normal & my new post is there.

Scroll up when it does that. It's an ad. CF gotta make its cash money, homes.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Can we limit some of the functions for new posters? I don't want trolls to sign up and click a bunch of nonsense "dislikes." Maybe unlock some of the functions only after they meet some length of time or number of posts.

Also, can we create a Troll Team that has the authority to label users as trolls? Too often the trolls get treated like serious posters. Let's identify them as what they are. The Troll Team would be posters recognized by the Mods as trustworthy. Or maybe they even have to nominate them to the Mods (thought I'm trying to avoid giving the Mods more work).
As a member of the newly formed Troll Team, I would like to identify Cycsk as a potential troll.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So... a minor nitpick.

When you scroll down on the desktop site, the nav bar turns black. thus with the CF logo, everything is black\gold. Looks hawkeye-ish.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I can't post using Dolphin browser for iPad and android. I can't stand Chrome, very inefficient. Any idea why it won't let me reply using a certain browser? Everything else works fine, that I know of.
I try to click on space to write, nothing happens. Something in the setting I can change?

Status
Not open for further replies.