New site notes/bugs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Well, I haven't read all 10 pps of this thread yet, BUT I now can't seem to post pics anymore. Now it prompts you to 'upload a file'. When I click this it simply asks for a url or something. I need it to have the same link to my computer, as before, so I can post pics from, you guessed it, my computer. Am I doing something wrong? I'm sure there will be a simple fix or change I'm just not getting.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Things I like about the new site that I’ve noticed so far. (Still exploring.) I’m sure many of these are mentioned already:
* Avatar of thread author is included in the posts menu.
* Shows your smaller avatar next to thread author if you’ve posted in that thread.
* Clicking on someone’s avatar has a summary pop-up, no need to go to separate profile page.
* You can highlight a portion of a post and reply directly to that, without having to go to “reply with quote” and deleting what you want to remove.
* Already mentioned: The Like/Optimistic/Funny/Creative etc. options are a cool addition.
* And, of course, the new Music Forum! ;)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
test for me too. I just posted a problem/?, and it got lost/stuck.

edit, ok, 2 posts here, in and working.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is there a way when you open the site that it just goes staright to the forums like the old one? I think you had to click on something to set that as your preference. I cant recall.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks for all the work on this site, and all the hard work w/ this new format, change. I'm sure the bugs will get worked out.

I did also notice, that when you used to scroll all the way down on the forum page, it would give you a list of all the various forums, Now, when I scroll down, all I see is, on the lower left side anyway, "Team sports, then under this, men's Basketball, Football, and women's Basketball". I have to go to upper Left of page, and click on 'forums' to get a similar list, I guess. I liked seeing everything on the bottom of the page. Could we get that again?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
We are aware of the politics issues. It's being worked on but probably won't be fixed until Monday. A permission transfer issues between the two softwares.

By Monday it will be too late. Us cave dwellers will come out of hiding and corrupt every other member of CF. You can't stop it from happening now. But if you join us willingly, the pain and suffering may be less.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Odd question, is anyone elses' font on posts weird? Like, when I type in a text box, everything is normal. But, when I post it and read others' posts, all of the letter "I"s that are lower-case, look a lot like letter "L"s. The lower-case "I"s stretch out above the rest of the letters near them.

This is irrationally upsetting me.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
By Monday it will be too late. Us cave dwellers will come out of hiding and corrupt every other member of CF. You can't stop it from happening now. But if you join us willingly, the pain and suffering may be less.
I need to get back out of the cave while I still can. This is a terrible, terrible habit to form. It's like crack, but with stupid people.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Odd question, is anyone elses' font on posts weird? Like, when I type in a text box, everything is normal. But, when I post it and read others' posts, all of the letter "I"s that are lower-case, look a lot like letter "L"s. The lower-case "I"s stretch out above the rest of the letters near them.

This is irrationally upsetting me.

Part of the Cave intrusion. You're already infected.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Well, I haven't read all 10 pps of this thread yet, BUT I now can't seem to post pics anymore. Now it prompts you to 'upload a file'. When I click this it simply asks for a url or something. I need it to have the same link to my computer, as before, so I can post pics from, you guessed it, my computer. Am I doing something wrong? I'm sure there will be a simple fix or change I'm just not getting.
You have to relink it through an internet URL. My signature was missing as well, I believe because I had it uploaded from my computer, rather than a webpage link. So I just uploaded the photo to Photobucket or a website like that and then relinked it and it worked.
Of course I can wait for the tutorial, later, but are others having trouble posting pics now also? Are we going to have only provide a link for a pic thru url? Seems to me it would be good to have this 'harder for me' option, yes, but also have a simple link to your computer, and any pics you may have downloaded to your computer. I'm no computer guru, but I would think posted pics will surely decline unless have computer option also. Otherwise I guess I will just have to learn a new way.

Also it seems the 'mutti-quote' function isn't working for me. I had to cut and past this 2nd quote here, above.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Of course I can wait for the tutorial, later, but are others having trouble posting pics now also? Are we going to have only provide a link for a pic thru url? Seems to me it would be good to have this 'harder for me' option, yes, but also have a simple link to your computer, and any pics you may have downloaded to your computer. I'm no computer guru, but I would think posted pics will surely decline unless have computer option also. Otherwise I guess I will just have to learn a new way.

Also it seems the 'mutti-quote' function isn't working for me. I had to cut and past this 2nd quote here, above.

Will someone answer this for him?! T-Noah is getting anxious to post some alternate uniform combo pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron