Official 2015 Hoiberg NBA Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
After Hoiball I don't think I could suffer through 50-46 games again so I'll pass on Floyd

I just want to win.

I could suffer through Floyd taking this team to the Final Four.

Also, I would think Floyd would try to mold his system some to the team that we currently have. There's no way these guys (Morris, Naz, Niang, etc) are scoring 50ppg.

Obviously we wouldn't be a top 20 offense like we have been under Fred. Last year we finished at 14th in the nation averaging 78.4 ppg. I would say we'd be closer to Bill Self's teams. KU finished at 80th in scoring averaging 71.2.

We would probably be in the high 60's under Floyd, IMO.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
If the Bulls keep messing with Thibs, we should hire Thibs if the NBA jobs aren't there. You can still sell the NBA system, plus his strategy and TJs recruiting would be awesome.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
If the Bulls keep messing with Thibs, we should hire Thibs if the NBA jobs aren't there. You can still sell the NBA system, plus his strategy and TJs recruiting would be awesome.

Interesting idea. Haven't heard other teams have voiced any interest in him. Thibs just seems like an NBA guy and I could even see him taking an Asst job if a head position doesn't come up. He's an old school hard working guy. (nolt much of a personality going on there) Still with all this speculation on him getting let go, why haven't they done it by now, unless they plan on keeping him another year to trying and set up a player coach trade involving Thibs and who knows who.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I just want to win.

I could suffer through Floyd taking this team to the Final Four.

Also, I would think Floyd would try to mold his system some to the team that we currently have. There's no way these guys (Morris, Naz, Niang, etc) are scoring 50ppg.

Obviously we wouldn't be a top 20 offense like we have been under Fred. Last year we finished at 14th in the nation averaging 78.4 ppg. I would say we'd be closer to Bill Self's teams. KU finished at 80th in scoring averaging 71.2.

We would probably be in the high 60's under Floyd, IMO.

I don't think Floyd would take this team to the Final Four. I think I could live with him going forward because I prefer winning basketball over style of play any day. But I do disagree that Floyd would get the most out of the team for next year, he plays too different of a brand of basketball for what these guys have been used to.

I think Eustachy would be better suited to get more out of them for just next year, but I tend to think he might present too much change for this next season's team to maximize results in 2015-2016. I could see where LE could even really improve Morris' defense and make him a better player, maybe even Niang as well but it would just seem the practices would be a lot different than they would be used to and you wonder about the chemistry between coach and players.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So Randy is reading CF and saw Jeremy's post about things picking up steam?

"Something will happen by weeks end" Then goes on to purely speculate? "My sense". Wow. Deep Randy. That's Woodward and Bernstein digging there.

Pandy continues to be just as informative as Randy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Considering the wholly unprofessional situation between the Bulls' management and ownership and Thibs (not to mention the icy end they've had with their past five or so coaches, all the way back to at least Phil Jackson if not Doug Collins)...

...why does Fred want to go there?

After awhile, word should get out: no matter what they say, what they promise you, how nice it looks, some companies just aren't worth working for no matter what.

No? :/

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So Randy is reading CF and saw Jeremy's post about things picking up steam?

"Something will happen by weeks end" Then goes on to purely speculate? "My sense". Wow. Deep Randy. That's Woodward and Bernstein digging there.

Chris just posted that something is going to happen this week too.

Of course, everyone posted that something was going to happen last week as well.

I'm convinced that this will drag out as long as possible because why wouldn't all parties involved want to screw over Iowa State?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Considering the wholly unprofessional situation between the Bulls' management and ownership and Thibs (not to mention the icy end they've had with their past five or so coaches, all the way back to at least Phil Jackson if not Doug Collins)...

...why does Fred want to go there?

After awhile, word should get out: no matter what they say, what they promise you, how nice it looks, some companies just aren't worth working for no matter what.

No? :/

It's Fred's lifelong dream. He would go to the NBA and coach for free if he had to.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Jeremy should post something outlandish on here and see if Randy runs with it

So Pete waits several days after Jeremy's post to write his article and wants everyone to think he has breaking news.

Status
Not open for further replies.