Official 2015 Hoiberg NBA Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Dude is 74 but really if you were going to have a coach mentor situation with a hoiberg loyalist why not Brown? He coaches a year or 2 slowly turning the reigns over to Otz. Hell of a recruiter. Kind of like it.

yeah it seems like it would be a way to turn a really ****** situation into one that might not be quite so ******. The people that want TJ can rest easy because Larry Brown is elderly and likely not to be around too long.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No, that makes too much sense.

He was probably asked, but probably should have said nothing. Pollard basically confirmed that he hasn't talked to Fred, so it would have been easy for TJ to say he didn't know when Fred would be back.

CoachBob

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
Considering the wholly unprofessional situation between the Bulls' management and ownership and Thibs (not to mention the icy end they've had with their past five or so coaches, all the way back to at least Phil Jackson if not Doug Collins)...

...why does Fred want to go there?

After awhile, word should get out: no matter what they say, what they promise you, how nice it looks, some companies just aren't worth working for no matter what.

No? :/

Basically Chicago is saying that Fred is worth whatever pick they can get for Thibs. They don't like Thibs, Hoiberg will be met by a lukewarm fan base reception. I agree, does he really want to join that crapshow. I guess he would know best, but I don't think we will know anytime soon.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
He was probably asked, but probably should have said nothing. Pollard basically confirmed that he hasn't talked to Fred, so it would have been easy for TJ to say he didn't know when Fred would be back.
Wait, weren't you one of the people asking for Fred to publicly make a statement? And you've been complaining about recruiting being hurt? But now you think Otz shouldn't say anything? I'm confused.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Marc Stein
@ESPNSteinLine

More and more you hear Thibs admirers around NBA say they fear Bulls determined to let all three open jobs get filled and then let Thibs go
3:59 PM - 25 May 2015

My crazy theory: Tweet above is true. Pelicans, Magic jobs are filled. Hoiberg and Thibs coaching situations happen at the same time. Thibs is released. Hoiberg then decides to coach this years ISU team and bolt for the T-Wolves the next year. The T-Wolves have Flip coaching next year but hear from Thibs camp that he wants to go to Minnesota. Instead of waiting for Fred likely leaving next year, the T-Wolves hire Thibs as their next coach, preferring him over Fred. The Bulls hire someone else as they have no coach and were told by Fred he's going to the T-Wolves instead. Hoiberg decides to stay at Iowa State past next year as his 2 favorite NBA jobs are now closed.

Genius. :jimlad: #ThibstoTWolves

The craziest part of your theory is believing the Marc Stein tweet to be true. :jimlad:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Wait, weren't you one of the people asking for Fred to publicly make a statement? And you've been complaining about recruiting being hurt? But now you think Otz shouldn't say anything? I'm confused.

I'm just difficult.

I'm not calling for Fred to make a statement. I'm calling for him to quit if he has already decided to leave even if the Bulls job isn't open. I think that he is screwing with us by staying if the decision has already been made. If he hasn't decided, then he can keep quiet.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I'm just difficult.

I'm not calling for Fred to make a statement. I'm calling for him to quit if he has already decided to leave even if the Bulls job isn't open. I think that he is screwing with us by staying if the decision has already been made. If he hasn't decided, then he can keep quiet.

FY97Q1t.gif

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm just difficult.

giphy.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Basically Chicago is saying that Fred is worth whatever pick they can get for Thibs. They don't like Thibs, Hoiberg will be met by a lukewarm fan base reception. I agree, does he really want to join that crapshow. I guess he would know best, but I don't think we will know anytime soon.

CoachBob, can't you take the Bulls job?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I'm just difficult.

So he should screw over the Bulls before he even gets hired in order to save a little face with ISU. Good idea.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
He hasn't been quoted saying it that I know of but Pollard has said it publicly and it's been a pretty well known thing since his name started to come up for NBA jobs. I don't get how people can pretend to be blindsided by this.

What about the quotes from Fred from a year ago about wanting to be at ISU a long time. I guess I figured Fred was a guy you could take at his word and the NBA talk was just that talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.