Release: SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR SOUTH END ZONE PROJECT RELEASED

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Great work by ISU and all the teams involved. The plans/renderings are simply fantastic. No way I expected it to look this good and include so many things. Can't wait for this to become reality.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
"Having received no response, I shall ask again:

Does anyone have any knowledge of an upcoming webpage dedicated to updates and progress of the SEZ project? A virtual tour would be nice. Five pictures isn't enough for me. I want to see INSIDE!"

I'm not sure we'll see a webpage like you want.

I think one way we might be saving some $ on this project is not having all the bells and whistles associated with rolling out the design (webpage, videos, additional renderings, etc.). K-State recently announced their stadium enhancements and had a very nice website with videos and renderings.

That deliverable from the design firm may be something that the AD doesn't feel is a necessary expense?

Thoughts?

I think once they get official approval from the regents we'll see more renderings and the floorplans. I'm sure there will be a page on cyclones.com that has the project info, updates, progress photos, etc much like when the did the additional to the practice facility. In the big picture scheme of a $60 million project another 30 grand for some more renderings isn't all that much (especially when they could be used to build excitement like has been mentioned).

Looking at it from a construction viewpoint, I'm very curious to see what Weitz can get done during the football season. They've got a fair bit of earthwork to do in order to bring the ramp up to grade and all the foundation work for the new decks would take away from hill side seating (although I can see them simply closing down one hill side during the season).

Also, I wonder what they are going to put in the secret bunker entrance they have under the southwest corner? Is that where we are going to put all of Hoiberg's clones in suspended animation so we can keep him even if he decides to jump for the NBA at some point?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
ISU has enough press space... however, more suites are needed to keep up with every other school in the league except Kansas.

I thought I have heard more then one media member complain about ISU's press space at JTS?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
ISU has enough press space... however, more suites are needed to keep up with every other school in the league except Kansas.

It needs a massive renovation at minimum. I think most fans don't see the need for a press box renovation because 90%+ of them will never go up there. It is about more than press space. The suites although nice most of our man caves can top and it is not even close. Press space (2nd floor) is somewhat outdated and just needs a face lift. The third floor which houses TV, radio, coaches boxes, game day ops and visiting AD is absolute crap. Our press box is the definition of upgrading as you are able. It fits the need but it is very easy to see the short comings. As we upgrade and build the rest of our facilities to a higher standard the tower will become more of an eye sore compared to the rest of the facilities.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Tickets...

End Zone Club

The End Zone Club will be a 3,000-seat outdoor premium seating area in the south end zone of Jack Trice Stadium. It will debut in the 2015 football season.

Amenities and Benefits

• Outdoor chair-back seats with cup holders
  • Access to a climate-controlled two-level lounge area (top floor looks into stadium)
  • High-definition televisions and game audio in lounge areas
  • Access to gameday-themed ala carte cash food stations
  • Access to full-service cash bar (mixed drinks, beer and wine)
  • Access to private restrooms within club lounge area
  • Opportunity to purchase a priority parking pass with annual Cyclone Club donation

End Zone Club annual contribution and ticket prices

The Iowa State Athletics Department is in the process of reviewing annual donation levels and benefits. The number of End Zone Club seats that can be purchased will be based on an individual’s annual Cyclone Club giving level.

The annual cost for season tickets in the End Zone Club is $750 each.

*Annual donation requirements and ticket limits are TBD. The season ticket price for the End Zone Club is subject to change.

How do I secure my End Zone Club seats?

Information on the new End Zone Club section, as well as other seating options for 2015, will be sent to all Cyclone Club members and season ticketholders later this summer.

• All current football season ticketholders will be given first opportunity to purchase seats in new End Zone Club. Season ticketholders who currently have seats in the south end zone, will have first priority for End Zone Club seat locations OR they will be given first rights to re-locate to other seating sections in the new south end zone bowl of Jack Trice Stadium.

• Non-season ticketholders, who are interested in purchasing new End Zone Club seats, can fill out an interest form (click here). Those fans, who submit an interest form, will be contacted in late summer/fall (2014) with more information on seating options.

All End Zone Club seats are based on availability. Seats will be allocated in order according to Cyclone Club donation level and a donor’s priority points within that level.

You had me at cup holders

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Is this awesome, positive thread really going to turn into a coaching staff debate? Seriously?

I'm honestly surprised it took this long. I thought it would begin by page 4. I was actually hoping to be the first to start making awful jokes about how great it will be to watch a 3 win team from the new club seats.

But yes, this is legitimately exciting.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Why would they give people that are sitting in the end zone first chance at the club section? Not hating but just seems odd to me.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
It needs a massive renovation at minimum. I think most fans don't see the need for a press box renovation because 90%+ of them will never go up there. It is about more than press space. The suites although nice most of our man caves can top and it is not even close. Press space (2nd floor) is somewhat outdated and just needs a face lift. The third floor which houses TV, radio, coaches boxes, game day ops and visiting AD is absolute crap. Our press box is the definition of upgrading as you are able. It fits the need but it is very easy to see the short comings. As we upgrade and build the rest of our facilities to a higher standard the tower will become more of an eye sore compared to the rest of the facilities.
some people just have to pick scabs

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Why would they give people that are sitting in the end zone first chance at the club section? Not hating but just seems odd to me.

Why not? They are being displaced. Give them a shot first. How many of those $175 season ticket holders do you expect to take the jump to paying $750 each PLUS the required donation to sit in those seats?

Pretty safe to say that there will be plenty of End Zone Club seats after they purchase theirs if they wish.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Can anyone explain what is going on here?

question.jpg
question.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/5gkww4twe/question.jpg

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I'm thrilled that the response has been so positive. That's really all that matters...but the outside is glass...glass. Nebraska, KSU, OSU, pretty much everyone builds awesome stone entrances and we get a second coming of the Jacobson building. Ahh, I'm just disappointed. I thought the 2008 renderings were amazing, can't say I'm in love with what was released today. That said I'm sure I'll love everything when I walk in fall of 15'.

CYTruck

Jan 3, 2010

question.jpg
question.jpg

Zooming in... it looks like the stairs come up to those open areas... they most likely represent the tunnell/access from below to get the seats in those sections.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

question.jpg
question.jpg

Basically, it is the opening of the stairs to go down into the concourse. In real like there is stuff behind there like concession stands but they probably skipped rendering that stuff so it acts as "open" so it will just show the sky behind it. In a better rendering or in real life it would barely be noticeable because of shadows. There is barely any shadowing in this rendering.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Heres to hoping that they dont waste 1/2 the new video screen with Istate logos on both sides. I know its on the renderings, but you might as well have a smaller screen, or at least advertisers.

Last edited: